A guide?

inforsir89s

For simple texture mods, I use Special K and just dump out textures on first load, it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for. They are in BC7 SRGB-format, so using the Intel Texture Works plugin for Photoshop is recommended. When finished editing, just put in the inject-folder and they'll override the base textures.

For simple texture mods, I use Special K and just dump out textures on first load, it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for. They are in BC7 SRGB-format, so using the Intel Texture Works plugin for Photoshop is recommended. When finished editing, just put in the inject-folder and they'll override the base textures.

Is it possible to turn off certain graphical settings with Special K like having shadows completely off? running the game with potato laptop here..

Is it possible to turn off certain graphical settings with Special K like having shadows completely off? running the game with potato laptop here..

Thats what I did with the Blur Effects Be Gone mod. I looked through the pixel shaders and found the shaders that i wanted. Im not sure what type shadows would be though. Maybe Compute or Vertex?

You are confusing shadows with shaders (compute shaders, vertex shaders), they are entirely different things.

Get Special K minimod here: https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases

SK_MHW.7z for regular use, SK_MHW_HDR.7z if you have a HDR-capable GPU and monitor. Unzip, place the Version/ folder and dxgi.dll in your MHW-folder (steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World).

The first time you run MHW, it will show a banner stating that SK is active and create the file dxgi.ini. Exit out of the game and open dxgi.ini in Notepad or any other text editor, most of the options are self-explanatory. In order to dump textures for editing, you need to find the section marked [Textures.General] and add the line "DumpOnFirstLoad=true". This will create the folder SK_Res in your MHW folder and write any texture that is loaded to it, in DDS format.

In order to override textures, you need to create an injection folder as: steam\steamapps\common\Monster Hunter World\SK_Res\inject\textures. Dumped texture filenames will be in the format of "Compressed_DEADF00D.dds". In order to inject it after editing, Remove the "Compressed_" prefix and make sure it's saved in the same format it got dumped out as (usually BC7 SRGB). I recommend using Intel Texture Works for this, link here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin

In addition to placing the override textures in the injection folder, you also need to change the line "Inject=false" to "Inject=true" in the [Textures.D3D11]-section of dxgi.ini. Don't try to dump textures in this section using "Dump=true", MHW crashes unless you dump on first load.

Edited by Ixxa