Load Ordering help request, learning how to fish

Marcmgm

Shouldn't FNIS and FNIS Mods needs to be loaded after Bashed Patch?

Â

I checked the description page for FNIS, specifically, the install instructions, and did not see anywhere where it said that

Thanks

I went back and double checked, read what I highlighted in red

Starting with FNIS 6.0 there is an FNIS.esp. Do I really need this? And if so, where do I put it in the load order.

FNIS.esp is needed when you have at least one mod using the FNIS Alternate Animation (AA) functionality, like in XPMSE, PCEA2, or Sexy Move. But even if you don't use one of these, I don't recommend deactivating FNIS.esp. Because if you do, and if you THEN add such mods, you will certainly not know why all of the sudden things don't work. And you can put FNIS.esp first in your list. Though it doesn't really matter. It doesn't conflict with anything, and is only needed once after game load.

That is a straight copy and paste from the authors description page

This is all very good info. Just an FYI and I'm sure any modder worth their salt will be happy to hear (I kid, I kid :laugh: ), I ditched Vortex, did a clean install of SE and downloaded MO2 based on info. I thank you all for your input and though I'm late to the party, after I get my house in order (Basic mod organization wings) I fully intend to design a few mods in here myself in the follower section, hoping to make Gygax proud to say he had a hand in inspiring these creations. Of course that's all after I learn how to properly use and build bash patches, (Kinda the only core mod I have yet to play with. Was leary of breaking the game as bash patches without proper direction could be and what I analogized to myself as like sectioning off areas of a major city, without water, or gas, or electricity. The kind of thing and will set you back to square one if you just jump in blind.)

As I stumble through this I know there's a reliable and helpful network to help get the props spinning.

Also I realize that my first request was very vague and not really helpful to myself, to be more precise when I read the load order guides I look at mods and realize that I'm not sure which category to class them out in. I'll make the current recommended adjustments but things like the LOD retexture, I looked at that and go okay is that a program overhaul or just a visual category? I mean you retext an entire game and adjust the games distance camera that could be considered a whole program, but on the flip side of things I could just be over-engineering this and nuking my own brain due to ignorance.

Edited by Marcmgm

UPDATE:

Fixed the npc thing that turned out to be really easy, load ordering.

Using MO and I still ran into the Falkreath crash scenario, HOWEVER, hee hee. Those of you who may be reading this RELOAD YOUR SKYRIM, yes, reinstall the whole thing IF YOU HAVE CLEANED WITH SSEEdit. Apparently there's an issue in the ITM cleaning and I'm researching this, that inside of the DLC you WILL break Falkreath. So I'm not going to clean Hearthfire and I will keep you posted on the changes.

CONFIRMED,

do not clean the DLC at this time and I can run all over Falkreath no crashing, no glitching. So if your falkreath is broken, verify integrity via steam. DO NOT CLEAN the ITMs, I'll have to hunt in there to find which files are wrecking the town. I have however taken the Bikini armor mod from loverslab which is way better then the one on steam IMO and corrected the amors for heavy and light, (Lovers lab version is all light). Then I'll be working on my own version of the pandorable's and if I get froggy I'm definitely trying to build a dragoon argonian that can knock a dragon out of the sky. That sounds epic when you are running deadly encounters and build a giant flying death machine, you really need a counter balance and no, KS dragon overhaul is not as fun as having a minion disappear and land on a dragon that's however many feet above you smiting it back into the dirt.