(cracks knuckles) This took a bit to write but here we go.
- Tail Concerto, Ape Escape, FF7 (found 8 a bit clunky but I never got around to trying 9), Digimon World 3, Chrono Cross, Gauntlet Legends, Megaman Legends, Metal Gear VR Missions, Klonoa, Silhouette Mirage
- Series: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, DDR, Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy, Twisted Metal, Soul Edge and Soul Calibur
- Played as Ports: PoPoLoCrois, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure, Star Ocean, Dino Crisis and Time Crisis (I think they were arcade versions of the same but I'm not sure now),
- Games I still mean to try: Suikoden, Grandia, Persona/Shin Megami Tensei, Digimon World 2, Vagrant Story, Valkyrie Profile, MediEvil, Wild ARMS, Xenogears, Armored Core, Tactics Ogre, Vandal Hearts
- Klonoa 2, Parappa the Rapper 2, Okami, Space Channel 5, Jak and Daxter (1, didn't play the rest), Shadow the Hedgehog (it was incredibly stupid but I treated it like a B-movie), Zone of the Enders, Chulip, Stretch Panic, Under the Skin, Psychonauts
- Series: Kingdom Hearts, .hack//IMOQ and .hack//G.U. 1-3, Ape Escape, DDR, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon Ball Z Budokai, Ratchet & Clank, Soul Calibur, Viewtiful Joe, Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Magic Pengel and Graffiti Kingdom, Katamari Damacy
- Played as Ports: Gitaroo Man, Secret Agent Clank, Tales of Symphonia, Ys series
- Games I still mean to try: The Bouncer (bought it, yet to try), Enter the Matrix, God of War series, Prince of Persia, Dynasty Warriors, Sly Cooper, Armored Core series, Drakengard, Romancing SaGa, Odin Sphere
There's a lot more to the lists but I can't remember everything I played. Like I remember this one weird boxy animal game where you ate other animals and absorbed their parts into yourself but I can't remember the name for love or money. I also remember playing a Spider-Man game and a Hulk game but I don't remember their systems but I think they were PS2.
Then there's the fact that a lot of other games I remember were my older brother's. He played a lot of horror games like Resident Evil, Clock Tower, Parasite Eve, and Silent Hill. Likewise he played Sly Cooper and Metal Gear Solid and although I didn't enjoy the genre as a kid I'm find enjoyable titles in the genre so I may go back to these. This is also the case with SRPGs like Disgaea although I have problems that are unique to NIS games rather than the genre as a whole which is namely grind and item decay. He also played God of War, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Some titles I can blame on him like Silhouette Mirage, Twisted Metal, Ico, and Chulip. Others are squarely on my shoulders like Magic Pengel and .hack//.
All this is just for two systems not counting games ported to the PS1 and PS2 like Innocent Life and Chrono Trigger. This is what you get when your parents are tech geeks and kind of used the gaming systems to keep the kids corralled in a single room so he could get things from work done without going too far to check on the kids from time to time after they got their homework done.
Edited by lissahearn, 15 October 2018 - 04:18 PM.