We're A Radio Free Wasteland...

deadpool0600

So I got all the stuff to start modding and I'm going to have to put the breaks on any mods I was gonna do. My god, how do you people do it...Engineering was easier than this.

Anyway, I was thinking about a radio mod. Now I know they can be difficult with copywrite issues and stuff. I know it has to be in WAV, I've been using PipPod for awhile now. I was thinking about making some voice files and sticking them into it and see what that sounded like, make myself and radio... Dude... Operator, is it radio operator? Show man? f*** it, disk jockey.

Anyway yeah, I know that side of things, but what I was curios about was the copywrite stuff and maybe some tips from people who've done it, I'll be able to find tutorials online. As well as if it's "Relatively easy" to make it so the radio changes throughout the game as the SS does stuff, like Diamond city radio?

So far I know I can't just stick say Rage against the Machine Killing in the name of, into it and upload it to Nexus. Hence why pippod is a thing. Other than that I'm less clear. I heard something about if it is your personal cover of a song then that is okay? But I'm not sure.

But yeah, I figured I'd make a radio mod because there honestly isn't that much variety on nexus, not with a voice'd dj anyway. CKG did a great job with Jetfuel radio though and so far he's the only one I've found. On another note, he's got a lot of lesser know'n song on his list, some of it I couldn't even find on youtube, so it is only copyrite on thing's that have copywrite, so say a little know band from the back end of the dead south middle of nowhere with two fans and you being one of them?

Anyway, thanks in advance.

And Kudo's to Junior99au for Pippod.

Edited by deadpool0600

long form NMM-inbox inbound your way, DeadpoolZeroSixHundred-er.

|exclamation!|, how do you people do it...Engineering was easier than this.

indeed, can we get that on the NMM coffeemug and or as the LAN Club Bumper Sticker?

I digress

so, there's a few pathways to making radio mods.

you can use holotape or in-game-radio mods to accomplish it.

Or, you can make livestream pivot massively-parallel stuff,

and you can make your post-amp stuff that way.

your post-amp 'levels' / roomiformic interoperable pivot, can be controlled within the cue context.

think of it like a cue-sheet for a Silent movie, RadioPlay, or GamesMaster of a Pen-and-Paper Role-Playing-Game session.

A lot of folks already listen to

podcasts, livestreams from their favorite music stream virtual discography collections etc.

I hope this gives you some pathways to consider when forming a 'radio-mod'

The Cat's Meow might be a great example on how it's done. Love it as it fits the game perfectly. Also includes awesome voice work. In regards to copyright the Nexus is strict and people get warnings and take-downs on a regular basis. You need to get permission to use any protected material that isn't in the public domain.

Edited by dikr

Radio mods, like Diamond City Radio, are incredibly difficult to make and get operating correctly. Open up the DC radio quest in Creation Kit and you'll see what I mean. I don't want to discourage you, but I just feel like you should be aware of what you're signing up for! =)