Why is my game crashing to desktop

LloydMiller

Hi everyone recently been modding fallout 4 and am only getting really annoyed at the crash to desktop that happens. I have a fair few mods and was wondering if someone could tell me what is conflicting or causing the crashes.PS I have done the ini edit that you need to mod fallout 4 just in case you ask.

I have also attached my load order with my mods included.

Specs

i7 7600k

MSI 1050ti 4gb overclocked (not the problem)

16gb ddr4 ram

What are your video settings for your game ? Are you playing in Ultra ? How do you know that your overclocked video card is not ( as you said ) the root of the problem ? How many fps are you getting in your monitor ?

Have you cleaned your master files ? What mod manager are you using ( I guess it is NMM ) ?

Fallout4 Dynamic Lights and Shadows mod could be the cause .... increasing light and shadows in any game, will add more stress to your video card that is already overclocked and if you video card get hotter than it should, it will shut you down. I am not saying that is the problem but it could be one of the problems.

Look at my rig and still with this powerful rig, I do not play THIS game in Ultra, especially Light and Shadows in my game menu are set to Medium because I know they are against performance and they do not help at all to my game be more stable on an already unstable engine game as Fallout 4 engine.

Just to give you an idea, I am getting between 40 and 160 fps depending on where I am in the map and in some occasions, less than 40 for a few seconds in certain places and my video settings are not in Ultra, not a single video feature is in Ultra.

Am I getting CTD's ? Hell yeah !! But not that often. Why ? Because this game has one crap of an engine and when mods are added, it does get to be more unstable.

I am playing SkyrimSE, The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 in Ultra settings ( all functions ) and no hiccup at all with my rig. I am getting a steady and stable 60 fps in all of those games so, why I am getting that kind of performance in all of these games but not in Fallout 4 ? Because of the freaking weak engine that this game has. In Skyrim I also have an ENB mod and still I am not getting a single frame loss with my rig.

Keep that in mind but I think that True Storms in combination with Fallout 4 Dynamic Lights and Shadows are very stressful for any load order. I do not use any of them. You would have to find out for yourself by disable them and see if that helps. Realize that once the game data is corrupted, your best choice would be to start a new game from scratch.

Last but not the least, if are using NMM, I suggest to jump to Vortex which will sort your load order automatically and will make a better decision than you with your load order. :cool:

Sorry for commenting on this thread. I have reposted this in the mod troubleshooting section.

Unfortunately, I cannot find where to delete this post entirely, so any mod can feel free to delete this instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by jateed

o

What are your video settings for your game ? Are you playing in Ultra ? How do you know that your overclocked video card is not ( as you said ) the root of the problem ? How many fps are you getting in your monitor ?

Have you cleaned your master files ? What mod manager are you using ( I guess it is NMM ) ?

Fallout4 Dynamic Lights and Shadows mod could be the cause .... increasing light and shadows in any game, will add more stress to your video card that is already overclocked and if you video card get hotter than it should, it will shut you down. I am not saying that is the problem but it could be one of the problems.

Look at my rig and still with this powerful rig, I do not play THIS game in Ultra, especially Light and Shadows in my game menu are set to Medium because I know they are against performance and they do not help at all to my game be more stable on an already unstable engine game as Fallout 4 engine.

Just to give you an idea, I am getting between 40 and 160 fps depending on where I am in the map and in some occasions, less than 40 for a few seconds in certain places and my video settings are not in Ultra, not a single video feature is in Ultra.

Am I getting CTD's ? Hell yeah !! But not that often. Why ? Because this game has one crap of an engine and when mods are added, it does get to be more unstable.

I am playing SkyrimSE, The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 in Ultra settings ( all functions ) and no hiccup at all with my rig. I am getting a steady and stable 60 fps in all of those games so, why I am getting that kind of performance in all of these games but not in Fallout 4 ? Because of the freaking weak engine that this game has. In Skyrim I also have an ENB mod and still I am not getting a single frame loss with my rig.

Keep that in mind but I think that True Storms in combination with Fallout 4 Dynamic Lights and Shadows are very stressful for any load order. I do not use any of them. You would have to find out for yourself by disable them and see if that helps. Realize that once the game data is corrupted, your best choice would be to start a new game from scratch.

Last but not the least, if are using NMM, I suggest to jump to Vortex which will sort your load order automatically and will make a better decision than you with your load order.

ok thanks for the feedback, im usually getting a constant 60fps before the game crashes I will remove the mods that you thought may be the problem and see how that goes. Yeah my shadow settings are as low as they can go because I know bethesda's whole issue with the crappy lighting and fps drops around texture increases that aren't even noticable.

Edited by LloydMiller