Ain't that a Kick in the Head?

tokyobiohazard

Sandro walks into Craterside behind Axelle. As his eyes adjusted to the light, he sees the pretty brunette Moira Brown standing behind the counter, sweeping as always. "Hey Moira, can I buy some ammo for my assault rifle please? Also, the thing jammed the other day, could you see what you can do to repair it?" Sandro asks.

Greebo, having met up with his employer, decides to check on Sandro back in Megaton. He was certain that he would find Sandro grumbling to Gob in Moriarty's. He arrived quite quickly and saw him go not into the bar, but into Craterside with a youngish looking girl. Chips, his pet St Bernard, had caught up with him by the gate, and Greebo scratched his head thoughtfully. He decides to head up to the store to see what's what. He climbs the ramps, pats the friendly Cyberdog outside the store, and enters.

"Sandro, old bean! What ho!" Greebo exclaims cheerfully.

"Greebo? What are you doing here?" Sandro says, confused.

"Why, looking for you! I thought you would be in the bar, now I see you found yourself a friend, or is she a contract?" Greebo says cheerfully.

"Protection contract. What's it to you?" Sandro asks, slightly suspiciously.

"Oh please, I never take out contracts on people younger than 20, and you know that, I am an assassin, not a thug!" Greebo says, hurt. "Could you use an extra pair of eyes, old boy?"

Sandro gestures towards Axelle. "That's up to her, really."

Chips ran up to Axelle, and starts liking at her hands, and anywhere else he could reach.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kira waved at the duo passing into the store, then turning her attention to the strange dog beside her. She looked at the dog with a confused look, tilting her head to the side.

"What's all the metal for? You're a pretty strange looking dog, you know..."

She pet the dog lightly, holding back, as if trying to be careful she didn't break anything. She glanced up at the second ghoul walking into the store, but quickly turned her attention back to the dog.

"Did you step on a mine or something? Take a grenade the wrong way? Chainsaw, maybe?" Kira let out a yawn, looking up toward the sun. "Hey, keep an eye out, make sure nobody tries to take my stuff... I'm just going to rest my eyes for a bit." Kira leaned back onto her backpack, closing her eyes. "At least there's shade here... Not too hot, not too cold..." She let out another yawn, relaxing back in the shade of the Craterside Supply.

Axelle leaned over and hugged the dog's neck, "What a sweet doggy! Anybody traveling with a dog as sweet as this is welcome with me!" She looked up at Sandro, "Oh, and don't worry about the gun. I can probably fix it. I don't wear the coveralls for nothing."

Moira stopped sweeping, "Oh, hey! I was just testing a few chemicals, but it's perfectly safe to breathe, really! Now let's see about that ammo! What caliber are you looking for?" Everything she said had a strange amount of honey behind it, as if she was happy about literally every word she said.

Outside, Spark panted happily while laying down next to Kira, growling at anyone who passed by.

Edited by tokyobleach

Greebo smiled at the girl, and the way Chips took to her. Chips was usually a good judge of character, so he says 'The dog's name is Chips. Mine is Greebo Jones. Good to be protecting again, rather than hired to kill."

Sandro turns to Axelle briefly, and says "That's good. Saves me a few caps. Oh, and my pet Leeroy will meet us outside town. Don't be alarmed, he's really quite friendly." Turning back to Moira, he says "5.56 caliber please. 100 caps worth. thank you!" he places 100 caps on the counter.

Greebo goes to the counter and says "Top ho, shop keep! Could I get some .308 caliber for my sniper rifle please? Thank you!"

Kira's pet dog, Alphonse, finally sprinted up to the almost-sleeping girl, stopping just short of her new guardian. He looked at the new dog very similarly to how Kira looked at it, tilting his head to the side. After a moment, he walked over to Kira, laying down beside her and resting his head on her shoulder.

Kira looked up at Alphonse with a smile, patting him on the head before going back to rest.

"Good boy."

Edited by vathelis

Vlad fired another shot blindly at his odd sort of enemies, his panic reaching its midst though. He took a peak, taking the risk of doing so he caught a small glimpse of the second companion of the ghouls which was a tall female by the looks of it, a bit hairy if you ask. She was dragging the ghoul to the side and Vlad took note that this would be the best time to take a shot at 'er. So as he though he aimed this time, and fired. Sadly his shot missed gracing the woman's leg it just scraped her. She grunted in pain but Vlad counted it as a "good" shot in his formal opinion.

"This is a misunderstanding for gods sake!." Vlad said as he checked how many rounds he had left. His voice cracked with a bit of fear, he then wiped sweat from his for-head and sighed.

"You owe a big man money, there is no understanding in this situation..your dead meat you idiot so give up!." The female said as she stood behind the doorway, oddly not firing any shots. It gave Vlad some hope.

"Alright, alright..let me think this through okay!." Vlad yelled back, he looks around once again though nothing comes to mind as a way to get him out. He kicks the wall in front of him while he sits behind his cover. Frustrated and angered he spat.

"Tick tock doc you ain't got that much time left before I come in there and blow your head off!" She yelled into the room as she popped a warning shot.

Vlad spotted a a scalpel under some old broken desk, no doubt from the old times it was rusted, nasty looking and it had a distinct look about it that Vlad did not like at all. He quietly slid over and grabbed it, tucking it in his belt and slid his .44 out of the room. "Alright, I give up..unarmed and ready."

The woman with the automatic rifle walked in, the gun pointing at Vlads head. Vlads could hear the groans from the ghoul, he could hear the flesh being ripped as he pulled out the pipe that impaled his leg. The woman, with one hand frisked Vlad, the other holding the gun up just barley level at his nose. A deep breath Vlad took, as if time slowed he reached back and took the scalpel out, plunging deep into the woman's neck. The woman screamed in disarray, blood flooded her neck as if a fluent river flowing through its directed path. Vlad snatched the assault rifle from her, kicked the back of her knee forcing her to fall..lifeless on the ground twitching till total absolution. Vlad swept up his .44 holstering it to his side as he holds the assault rifle, aiming it outside the door. Taking cautious steps towards the groaning ghoul.

The ghoul laid there on the ground, taking hefty breaths and says.

"You got me..you got me.."

Vlad snarled and said. "My name..what is my name!"

The Ghoul grumble and replied. "Doesn't matter now does it. Your just a job."

Within a moment the doors that was the back entrance to the school slammed open, four armed raiders..packing heavy heat waltz right in. The ghoul muttered curses and looked Vlad in the eye. "Dont leave, please!." Vlad became panicked, scared almost. He turned around and made a dash down the hall way. Taking a quick left and up some stairs. He heard the screams of the ghoul, the laughter of the raiders echoing. Then. A gunshot, it terrified Vlad. This time he did not know if he would make it.

Moira produced a box of ammo for each of the ghouls and smiled, "Pleasure doing business with you! Say, have you ever considered being experimented on?"

Axelle laughed a bit nervously and opened the door, "I don't think we're quite good enough candidates for something like that. We're very busy, you see. Got a..." She paused, saying the first building that popped into her head, "School... to scav, so we have to get going before the sun goes down! Erm, but just remember the name Axelle Edwards for next time you need some help repairing things!"

Upon walking outside, Axelle looked down at a napping girl whom Spark had taken quite well to, which was odd, as he was usually afraid of new people. Today was definitely going to be less boring than she had thought initially.

Greebo and Sandro followed out of Craterside. All of a sudden, people started screaming. Several people, including town Sheriff Lucas Simms were pointing a gun at a Yao Guai that had gotten into town. Sandro runs forward to the Yao Guai, and starts waving his hands.

"Whoa whoa! He ain't gonna hurt you! Leeroy, I thought I told you to stay out of the town!" Sandro snaps at the Yao Guai. Leeroy scuffs his paw in the dirt. "Go on! Go wait outside town! I will meet you shortly!

Leeroy turns, and runs full speed out of town. He heads to the place he had spotted some raiders, and jumps one from behind, biting it's neck in half, and turning on another one.

Greebo starts to jog towards the exit. "He'll need someone to watch out for him. I am going to make sure he doesn't get into trouble! Chips! Stay with the girl!"

Chips whined to indicate the ok, and nosed at Axelle's hands, looking for attention.

Sandro looks sidelong at Axelle. "I suggest we follow along. I don't want to see Leeroy do something stupid, like take on a bunch of raiders and get killed. He is smarter than the average yao guai, but he doesn't plan before charging into things."

Axelle crossed her arms, then unzipped her coveralls and pulled out a heavy crowbar from her pants leg. "And now the action starts." She tied the arms of her coveralls around her waist to keep them from falling down and sprinted toward the exit, holding the crowbar in her left hand. Spark ran behind her, barking excitedly. She called out to the girl who was nearly asleep, "Catch up with us if you can!" She knew it was silly to assume the woman was the type to even want to come with them, but today was a day of firsts.

She looked back and smiled as she took huge strides with her long legs, "Can you keep up, Sandro?"

Vlad sprinted towards the stair well, his eyes running in all different directions. Taking note of any possible escape paths. With his disregard of direction he runs up the stairs midway, only to end up slamming his forehead against a stair. His vision fuzzy he feels a warm sensation as blood trickles from his head to his nose then his mouth. "Oh..what.." He hears a roaring of an animal that he has no clue what it was but he heard a scream and the rip of flesh. He stumbles to his feet, carefully walking down each step till he comes to the last, placing his back against the wall he notices the automatic rifle is no longer in his hands so he takes out his .44.

His head aching with pain, his vision coming at ease he begins to breath steadily. He wipes some blood from his face and shakes his head.

"Why is my life full of uneventful things.."

Then he turns the corner, his .44 aimed high enough to be pointed at the head of someone distant. Instead he finds a large creature, a yao gaui. He became frantic, his eyes widen with fear and he takes a shot. Hitting a locker to its left he tires to fire again only to hear the click of the gun informing its terrible inconvenience. Vlad cursed and scrambled to reload. "No,no,no don't do this to me now." He notices that the raiders lie dead in their tracks, the ghoul from the shot in the head. The raiders maimed by the beast he stares at it, his reloading ceased he concludes that it is to no avail for he is going to fall to this beast whether he liked it or not.

Edited by boneless1