need help getting any mods to work at all with vortex

jessbees

hey I'm a noob and I don't know what I'm doing, please help! So far with vortex I've unsuccessfully tried to add these files: OBSE, Blockhead, Character Overhaul, and Alternate start (ship). I'm not quite understanding what I did wrong, and reading random bits doesn't seem to be helping. So if some kind soul would take pity and explain this to me like the idiot I am, that would be v cool.

I agree with Oblivionaddicted, your best course of action would be to do manual installs. The problem is that vortex was built to be used in conjunction with newer games, and most oblivion mods hosted on this site were uploaded with the intention of being manually installed. Fortunately, it is an extremely easy process.

One thing I would add though is that OBSE isn't a mod, it's more of a framework. You should definitely be following the instructions provided with the OBSE download to install it (there should be a "readme" file included, start there). While very simple and straightforward, it is an entirely different process than installing something like a clothing mod (for example).

If you're still having trouble, post back again and I'm sure those of us that can help will be happy to make sure you get up and running.

• 8 months later...