First Person Power Armour enter and exit animation request

Metalmaxter

Hi guys,

I would love an alternate enter/exit power armour animation that doesn't take you out of first person.

I mostly want this for the VR version of the game but see no reason why it wouldn't work just fine on the flat version ether.

The VR version of entering and exiting power armour is total crap, as to say basically there is none.

When you go to enter power armour in VR you are snaped into it (or teleported if that makes more sense), then when exiting you are just snapped back out with a power armour furniture model just appearing in front of you, it just sucks. :(

I would like to be able to see it work like this.

1 click the activation button on the back which would just play the power armour opening animation leaving the furniture model static until further player action.

2 player clicks a second activation button that actually puts the player in the armour, however, the player is immobile while the power armour closing animation sound effect finishes,

on exiting:

1 when clicking the exit option in game the player is immobile while the power armour opening sound effect plays

2 player is exited from the power armour, an open power armour model snaps in front of the player.

3 after a few seconds open power armour model plays the closing animation.

not sure how possible this is but keeping my fingers crossed.

figured I'd post this if anyone who actually has the skills to do this was interested.

If not I'll make it happen someday, the VR version of the game is a lazy port and could use some actually VR features that I think are possible threw modding

I just have to learn how to mod first lol......it may be a while.

There should be a first person animation for everything.

I hate being forced into third person at workbenches, when entering a power armor etc. etc. Just to save time on adding some animations or hiding that they only make shitty first person animations (they = Bethesda).

There should be a first person animation for everything.

I hate being forced into third person at workbenches, when entering a power armor etc. etc. Just to save time on adding some animations or hiding that they only make shitty first person animations (they = Bethesda).

That part of the VR version is better IMO since they can't take the camera away from the player theres no change to perspective when using a workbench or cooking station.

so you stay in first person.

Has no one made a mod that disables those animations?

• 1 year later...