⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Setting ownership of containers in GECK

gmg2dave

Recently ported over a mod from Fallout 3 to NV, and I got everything working correctly except the containers. I put them in the Goodsprings bar to make it easy to find, but they are marked as red, and every time I try to open them, I either lose karma for stealing, or I get attacked by everyone in the bar.

So... How do I go about changing the ownership of the containers in GECK so that they are marked as green, and I can open them without having this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Double-click on the container to open the 'Reference' window. Now switch to the 'Ownership' tab and set all the dropboxes (NPC, Faction, Required rank) to 'NONE'.

Yup, I thought that would do the trick too, but the NPC, Faction, and Global Variables are all set too "none", and the Required Rank field is blank. Nothing in the drop down menu from there either. But they are all still red. Ah well, thanks for the response, and I hopefully someone will come up with an idea.

Yup, I thought that would do the trick too, but the NPC, Faction, and Global Variables are all set too "none", and the Required Rank field is blank. Nothing in the drop down menu from there either. But they are all still red. Ah well, thanks for the response, and I hopefully someone will come up with an idea.

The cell you put them in is most likely owned by the bartender (forgetting her name at the moment) or by the Goodsprings faction. You have two choices now,

1. Right click on the Goodsprings saloon cell in the cell view window and, select edit. Find the ownership tab and, choose none.

2. Move the containers to somewhere like Victors shack or the Doc's house because they don't have ownership.

Hope this helps

chuck