GPU overheat/Computer crash on Modded FO4

Not too long ago I was gearing up Fallout 4 with a selection of mods posted here. But not being cautious enough, I had not tested the game with each batch of mods that I would download and install through Mod Organizer. When I had all most of the mods from the selection down, I ran the game... and it completely crashed my computer. I was in a frantic to try and get working again, running windows fix and resets, which all promptly failed to carry out. At the moment my rig is toast. Though I am not sure of the exact problem, my best guess is that I overloaded my GPU. The sudden addition of heavy texture mods combined with ENB boost--v. 283(?)--along with some enblocal.ini file adjustments to video memory--the limit extended to 28000 under the 32000(?) gpu max as given from the DX11 video memory size test.

Right now I am looking for help or advice to avoid this f*#@ up in the future. Until I get my rig diagnosed and going again, I will have no way to know what the exact issue is. I am pretty sure (from the nature of the crash and modifications) that the GPU was the is the issue. Should I avoid ENB boost and/or heavy graphics mods, or is something else I should account for?

What is your computer hardware? Will the machine boot into windows again? At what point did the game crash? Had you been playing for a while?

Yeah, we'll need to know your system specs before we can give you appropriate advice.

GPU: 780 GTX Nvidia EVEGA

Mother board: Gigabyte z97x-ud5h

CPU: Intel i7 (4770k?)

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO

Storage Devices: SSD 250 GB, HDD 1 TB

RAM: 32 GB

The OS will not boot. It will reboot to the emergency boot screen on startup or after each failed storage-drive reset. The video feed is inconsistent on startup, sometimes displaying a single color/black screen for minutes until deciding to restart or upon a manual shut down. After several tries, it ((((may)))) display the emergency boot screen.

About 1 minute into the game I was walking from Fort Independence into Boston city, coming into view of a ghoul. Around at that point the video feed stuttered (like hell) and flashed green as I was shooting its arm off. Before this, I made another run a few days prior to test out the few mods I had on. I believe I had ENB 283, FO Script Extender, some of the "core" and a few graphic mods (I think, though I highly doubt it was any of the major texture/graphic packages) from that guide. At that point the game seem to be running just fine being in the same area for, roughly, 30 minutes walking through the city and into BOS attack on a Mutant outpost. I was able to safely shut down the game after that test run without incident.

2-3 years ago I had played FO4 with only one modification concerning settlements. It was purely a default setup. Only now was I getting back into the game with mods in mind.

Edit: Not sure if this is relevant or not, but just before the crash I updated Nvidia software to its latest version (as of 11/30/18)

Edited by spar117

Update: The power supply seems to be the main an issue. All other components seem to work just fine. Lack of power must have been insufficient for normal operation. The GPU was damaged as well. I am still left to assume the modifications I had made lead to both devices to be damaged.

Despite this revelation, I would prefer to keep this discussion open for the sake of relevance. I find myself rather inexperience when it comes to optimizing mods for performance. I want to better understand how to adjust any modification in this regard. Any and all feed back is still greatly appreciated.

Edited by spar117

Think I would be tempted to unplug all the drives, except the one with the O/S on it, and see if the machine is happier.

I doubt that this is an issue seeing as how the input of the game has a strong correlation to both components breaking down. I don't think there was anything running in the background on the HDD device (the E:// drive) that would cause these damages.