Is steam oblivion version working with obse ?

seweryn

I'm a disk guy myself but I've seen the recommendation for the GOG version to not run it via the Galaxy launcher.

To answer the topic.

Yes, Steam version of Oblivion does work and I'm using it myself without having issues with it. I just followed the instructions for OBSE after I installed a OBSE launcher mod.

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_steam_loader.dll and the Data folder to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".
2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".
3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

Thanks Leonardo ... I've added it to my troubleshooting toolbox (being a disk guy myself I don't have many Steam specific tools in that toolbox).