New 4K Monitor 2: The Dual Monitor Setup

manufacturer should have drivers available for download somewhere. Now, getting windows to actually USE them can sometimes be fun....

I brought up the support page for my monitor on the Asus website and couldn't find anything...

Assuming that you are referring to my monitor and not something else, of course.#

EDIT: Also, I'm still suffering from my mouse pointer jumping and stuttering on my 4K monitor for some reason.

Edited by RobinHood2005

What's the make/model no. of your monitor?

Sorry for the slight necro, been waiting for the new adapter to arrive. This one works, but I had to affix it to the 24-pin DVI cable I use for my 4k monitor. Subsequently, I plugged it in and the 4k option for my main monitor disappeared. There is only any signal when I set my input to HDMI, because that's what's plugged into the monitor itself. Windows thinks that both monitors are of the same size and the HD audio for my Asus VP28 4k monitor has disappeared. But it displays, though, so I guess that that's good.

What to do?

EDIT: I swapped the cable ends around so that the DisplayPort plug (the adapted one) goes into the monitor and the HDMI end into the computer. Didn't work.

Edited by RobinHood2005

For that kind of thing, you are going to have to poke and hope. TELL windows what monitors you have. There has to be .inf files out there on the net for them somewhere....... Maybe that will improve their attitude.

I think that the reason for this is the fact that I purchased an adapter that was marketed as being '4K compatible' and in the description, it says that it only supports 1080p resolution. For some reason, however, most, if not all, of the reviews were positive.

The cable for the second monitor originally had a VGA ending, before going into a DVI adapter. I'll take out the adapter and purchase a VGA-DP one.