How similiar is Neverwinter Nights 2 to DAO

Taryen

Yes, they're called "cohorts" in SoZ, but they're the same as normal companions. Here's a list of them, and where to find them. (There are 11 to choose from).

http://www.thieves-g...dex.php?pid=475

The first one I got was Lastri, and you get her by first rescuing her, and then doing a loyalty quest with her.

Edited by Tchos

I should explain just a little more, so you know exactly what you're in for. The difference between the SoZ companions and the OC or MotB companions is that you don't initiate conversation with them (beyond the basics, like "I need you to leave the group for now" and possibly other things at special times), and there is no romance with any of them. They talk to you when you're on their quests, and they have special commentary in various locations that further develops or reinforces their personalities, and in every conversation they have special dialogue options they can offer when they're in your party, which can provide alternate ways of solving quests, or start new quests.

Also, you're limited to 4 of them in your party at once, or 5 if you take the Leadership feat.

Also, sort of companion-related -- if you don't want to be fighting overland map encounters all the time, click on whichever of your party members has the highest stealth or survival skills, and they'll help you avoid the wandering monsters.

Edited by Tchos

• 8 months later...

I love D&D. I had been a DM for about 20 years when NWN2 came out... some of my college buddies were playing it so I jumped on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, as Tchos says, there were many game-breaking bugs that made it hard or impossible to play and also made Persistant Worlds impossible due to crashing. A lot. So I gave up on NWN2 for a long time, despite the fact that its my only way to play D&D these days and despite the fact that I think the 3.5 ruleset is the pinnicle of rulesets. (The bugs have all been fixed for the most part now)

I personally think NWN2 is better than DA:O because the possibilities are endless, especially with modules. Also, you can create and live in your own persistant worlds. The draw-back is that I find these days I really enjoy the additional immersion of 1st person 3d play... which is lacking in DAO and NWN2. The camera especially in NWN2 is horrible to deal with.

Anyway - Im hoping to get back into it with an RP Persistant world as well as the Icewind Dale mod I just d/l from this wonderful site we have here.

Edited by Rastafariel