White scalp with custom hair tints

Risibisi

I don't understand why the custom hair colours produce a white scalp. In the DA:O Toolset looks everything fine but in the CC the scalp turns white.

Why is that?

Is there a special option in the DA:O Toolset when making the tints or when exporting them? Or is there a certain line the mao files which I have to edit?

I have compared my files to the original Bioware tint files but I can't see a special difference. I have activated (or not) the same channels as the original files etc.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this issue?

I know that there is a work around by editing the mor or mop file but I want to create hair tints which just work like the original ones and tint the scalp in the same colour as the hair. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I *think* this may have something to do with some modders not naming their tints "properly" (i.e. t3_har_tintname for hair tints and t1_stb_tintname for stubble/eyebrow/scalp tints), which in turn causes the Toolset to generate a scalp tint name that doesn't exist when exporting the .mrh file as a .mor or .mop file. Renaming custom hair and stubble tints so they start with "t3_har_" and "t1_stb_" seems to solve the white streaks/bald spots problem (at least for me). I don't know why things look fine in the Toolset, though.

Here's an example with one of Pineappletree's colours, in case I'm not making much sense (which is very likely):

With PT's original tint names:

before.png

With renamed tints:

after.png

Hope that helps!

Thank you! The problem is, even with renamed files the scalp doesn't take the same colour on like the hair colour I choose in the CC. It doesn't matter if I'm using a vanilla morph or a custom morph.

This drives me crazy :D