Did Skyrim SE just update? Cannot get SKSE 64 to work today.

Daelyn

So for today, I need to manually make a copy of SkyrimSE.exe in:

... steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\auto_backup_executable\SkyrimSE.exe_for_SKSE64_2.0.12

correct? That's our current SKSE version right.

This mod to autobackup will protect me going forward.

(I notice how the first time I run SKSElauncher on any given boot of my drive, it connects to steam and that grabs the new version, thus why I was thinking I need to manually backup first since I'm getting the mod after we're already screwed over, but before I've run anything.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...

The mod author mentions on his page:

DISCLAIMER
yes, I know there's a way to use Steam in offline mode.
yes, I know it's possible to turn off auto-update.

- Anyone know how to do those two things?

Edited by Jyotai

That auto backup is a great idea. I'm sick of these suprise hidden updates breaking the game. Then having to wait for SKSE64, and any SKSE mods to get updated.

Do it BEFORE you run anything. The first thing you do should be to make a backup. The moment you run SKSELoader.exe, it will load up steam which will rush out to download the latest version...

- Then backup that latest version too (so that you can put it back in place after the next SKSE update and don't have to do the whole 'verify files' thing that 'uncleans' all your core-ESM files...

aside: if they are capable of spoon feeding us spam telling us to buy cash shop items every month or so... why-the-heck can't they clean an ESM and send that out too... This thing is already verifying my copy when it spams me... Do I really need to keep getting fed a bad cell record of a test 'Tony' ran in 2011 that he put a note saying to delete... and nobody deleted?

Can you not just set the game to NOT auto update in Steam? Surely if we're all happy with it, and they're just adding creation club crap, we can leave our versions as they are.

I've read that you can, but I've not read how...

That auto backup is a great idea. I'm sick of these suprise hidden updates breaking the game. Then having to wait for SKSE64, and any SKSE mods to get updated.

Do it BEFORE you run anything. The first thing you do should be to make a backup. The moment you run SKSELoader.exe, it will load up steam which will rush out to download the latest version...

- Then backup that latest version too (so that you can put it back in place after the next SKSE update and don't have to do the whole 'verify files' thing that 'uncleans' all your core-ESM files...

Poo....

Followed the instructions, and installed to my data/skse folder, and ran the game through skse64_loader........ It says its been updated, and to wait to SKSE64 to catch up. Not to mention countless SKSE mods.....