Newest skyrim se keeps crashing

sodaRAIN10

So I decided to finally start Skyrim SE, and man do I feel like I should of never tired it. I ran the game. worked. I installed mods and SKSE Crashed. played around with a few things Crashed. so I disabled ALL of my mods except the core game ones.. ran SKSE and.. you guessed it, Crashed. Turned EVERYTHING back on. Ran it WITHOUT SKSE and got a lot of errors for mods... but hey guess it it worked.

So how do I fix this?

Hey Skinjack, Did you try starting the latest versions with all mods, except a few like skyui disabled that you know for sure aren't a problem? I updated from 1.5.62 a short time ago & had the same problems. Turned out to be 2 mods in my L/O I would never have suspected. ( can't remember what they were.) If your game starts with all mods disabled, you can start putting them back in a few at a time until you find the culprits.

Edit: Stupid old man, you should have noticed the date on those posts!!

Forgive me if you know all this already...

Make sure not to install any mods that aren't specifically SE qualified. LE (oldrim) mods can not only break the game, they can also corrupt file saves, due to code addressing changes between LE and SE, failed or dead-end scripts that remain in operation, etc.

In addition, make sure to install all required dependencies for mods you choose to install... And again, make sure the dependency mods you install are also Skyrim SE qualified.

Finally, although afaik, most mods have been updated to Skyrim 1.5.80 and SKSE64 2.0.16 (both current afaik), not all have been. Some recently became effectively extinct with 1.5.80/2.0.16. There's a solid list at LL that outlines current 1.5.80/2.01.6 compliance for many mods worht chekcing out jsut worth checking out just to make sure yours are up to snuff. >> https://www.loverslab.com/topic/94228-sse-conversion-tracking-sep-16-3885/page/150/

- edited to fix typos

• 9 months later...