Help plz! Can't use Shale's crystals!

supermoosebrain

I'm using Bioware so I cant contact them for help since they are shut down.

After getting Shale from the village I realized she could equip normal items (though the model remained unaffected) But I also noticed ALL her crystals were faded out, saying I cant equip Items on this character. I looked this problem up and nobody seems to be having this issue. I've already spoke to Shale about crystals, I installed a mod that removes item restriction which didnt work. This is very frustrating and I have No clue whats going on. If anyone can provide an answer or direct me to a mod that will fix this I'd appreciate it.

Bioware shut down their social network. You can still contact the company for help. However, my question would be what other mods are you running that might possibly affect armor or Shale? I'd start there.

Bioware shut down their social network. You can still contact the company for help. However, my question would be what other mods are you running that might possibly affect armor or Shale? I'd start there.

The only mods I have are "Karma's Companions, Skip The Fade, and Skip Ostagar" Thanks for replying btw, it seems I rarely get help anywhere.

EDIT: I also have a few armor files that uh *clears throat* alters certain body parts. But it has nothing to do with Shale.

Edited by supermoosebrain

The official support forums for Bioware games are EA Answers HQ

Shale shouldn't be able to equip normal items, just the crystals, so your issue is two-fold and probably related. It's also not one that I've ever seen mentioned/reported, so it will probably require a bit of troubleshooting on your part.

Does the issue persist if you remove all override mods, and force load? (Just rename the override folder to something like override.bak so the game doesn't 'read' it...) If that 'fixes' the issue, then re-add the mods to the override folder one-by-one or in very small batches (no more than five at a time) until the issue reoccurs... viola! There's the culprit!

Note: do NOT save when testing/diagnosing, as unwanted changes will be 'baked into' your save.

The issue wasn't an override mod, then do the same remove/replace exercise with the AddOn.daZip mods.

The official support forums for Bioware games are EA Answers HQ

Shale shouldn't be able to equip normal items, just the crystals, so your issue is two-fold and probably related. It's also not one that I've ever seen mentioned/reported, so it will probably require a bit of troubleshooting on your part.

Does the issue persist if you remove all override mods, and force load? (Just rename the override folder to something like override.bak so the game doesn't 'read' it...) If that 'fixes' the issue, then re-add the mods to the override folder one-by-one or in very small batches (no more than five at a time) until the issue reoccurs... viola! There's the culprit!

Note: do NOT save when testing/diagnosing, as unwanted changes will be 'baked into' your save.

The issue wasn't an override mod, then do the same remove/replace exercise with the AddOn.daZip mods.

Thanks, but nothing worked, I was hoping to avoid saying this but I didn't exactly "buy" some of my DLC. My bioware version I purchased "Witch Hunt" and "Return to Ostagar" A couple months down the road and I am unable to install my game on my computer, for some reason it cant read the disk right. So my uncle gave me his Origin client account which he no longer used. I saw he had "Stone Prisoner" and "Warden's Keep".

The Origin version didnt work either, I get an error every time. So I copied the entire game off my old computer, moved it onto this one, then proceeded to copy his DLC into my folder. It works, I got Shale, and I just liberated the Keep. Her inventory is the only thing messing up. But would all that screw up files? Some sort of security precaution? I really dont know but Im honestly afraid to talk to the higher ups if this is considered stealing. I'd have bought it myself, but the social site closed before I can.

Edited by supermoosebrain

:ermm:

From the Nexus Terms of Service:

Anti-Piracy Policy

We have a strict anti-piracy policy and will take proactive action against anyone whose on-site activity gives us reasonable grounds to believe they are using pirated content such as, but not limited to, games and software. Discussing, promoting or distributing such content on our sites will be met with administrative action.

:ermm:

From the Nexus Terms of Service:

Anti-Piracy Policy

We have a strict anti-piracy policy and will take proactive action against anyone whose on-site activity gives us reasonable grounds to believe they are using pirated content such as, but not limited to, games and software. Discussing, promoting or distributing such content on our sites will be met with administrative action.

i see.. so much for help. thanks anyway..

The Ultimate Edition - which includes everything - is available on GOG, Steam, amazon, and Origin - to name a few (legit) sources.

I understand the way BioWare used to distribute DLCs was kind of a pain, but DAO has been offered in the Ultimate Edition for a very long time. All of the ME DLCs can also be purchased through Origin now, and I've even gotten some from amazon (though they still seem to muck about with the BioWare points). IIRC, some of the ME DLC I purchased from amazon gave me a link to a BioWare site to download it - lol. I have it all registered through Origin now, though, (also PSN) so it's all good.

I would suggest you uninstall/delete what you've got going there and buy a copy from one of these retailers. I bet everything would work.