Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function

JRFan007

All this won't work, in my opinion. I am playing skyrim since the release. Skyrim never caused a CTD nor a Runtime Error, even my OS was reinstalled often to keep it speedy.

Also using my always used mods since the beginning and release of the mods.

Since I installed Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn + with my used mods = keeps crashing, freezing, unable to move ingame just mouse action works somehow, console blocking, etc.

I think the DLCs aren't good coded anyway. Bethesda still haven't fix the Strip-Shadow bug around the entire skyrim world, as it was mentioned somewhere on their forums. As well, a lot of new bugs just did appear. The quest line with Esbern - no sound. Doors keep shut and won't open, even triggering the needed stuff for it. NPCs are glitching, moving weirdly at their spots. As well dragons seems to bug around, in example Odahviing. I never have had problems with the aggression of the AI ... this all happend just after installing those DLCs, but which bad coded DLC causes this problems?

Like I already said, I never encountered those problems before. I will not uninstall Dawnguard ... I love to be a Vampire Lord instead of a lame WereWolf ... besides, this character bugs too. No Q-Skilltree available, cannot interact with others (due VL state, I can, thanks to a mod ... which should count for both sides to interact with the world ... just bugs around with the WW), Werewolf-Skilltree (tab) glitches... I could keep counting those problems.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dark_viper, on 27 Mar 2013 - 22:40, said:

All this won't work, in my opinion. I am playing skyrim since the release. Skyrim never caused a CTD nor a Runtime Error, even my OS was reinstalled often to keep it speedy.

Since I installed Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn + with my used mods = keeps crashing, freezing, unable to move ingame just mouse action works somehow, console blocking, etc.

I think the DLCs aren't good coded anyway. Bethesda still haven't fix the Strip-Shadow bug around the entire skyrim world, as it was mentioned somewhere on their forums. As well, a lot of new bugs just did appear. The quest line with Esbern - no sound. Doors keep shut and won't open, even triggering the needed stuff for it. NPCs are glitching, moving weirdly at their spots. As well dragons seems to bug around, in example Odahviing. I never have had problems with the aggression of the AI ... this all happend just after installing those DLCs, but which bad coded DLC causes this problems?

Like I already said, I never encountered those problems before. I will not uninstall Dawnguard ... I love to be a Vampire Lord instead of a lame WereWolf ... besides, this character bugs too. No Q-Skilltree available, cannot interact with others (due VL state, I can, thanks to a mod ... which should count for both sides to interact with the world ... just bugs around with the WW), Werewolf-Skilltree (tab) glitches... I could keep counting those problems.

Rison for ur crashes is becourse ur a vampire the spells/buffs are bugged in Dawnguard. get ride of the weakess of fire and the crashing will stop. worked for me self i am a Vampyre not vampire.

Edited by rogue007

• 2 weeks later...

dark_viper, on 27 Mar 2013 - 22:40, said:

Rison for ur crashes is becourse ur a vampire the spells/buffs are bugged in Dawnguard. get ride of the weakess of fire and the crashing will stop. worked for me self i am a Vampyre not vampire.

But how to do that? :D

• 3 months later...

hey dude. have you found a solution yet? im playing skyrim on XP 32bit, and ive done a lot of searching about this problem and some things ive found about it is that it occurs on every operating system and especially to those who have the dawnguard dlc (many say that it occurs after coming from soul cairn and thats where exactly i got the error for first time! before it, i havent took it a single time, i was playing more than 10 hours straight and no prob, but then it appeared when i got into soul cairn). As ive seen, most of the people say that this is a game problem that must be fixed from bethesda with a new patch... the things ive listed above are from players that have the same prob and im not 100% if that's the main prob.

• 2 weeks later...

hey dude. have you found a solution yet? im playing skyrim on XP 32bit, and ive done a lot of searching about this problem and some things ive found about it is that it occurs on every operating system and especially to those who have the dawnguard dlc (many say that it occurs after coming from soul cairn and thats where exactly i got the error for first time! before it, i havent took it a single time, i was playing more than 10 hours straight and no prob, but then it appeared when i got into soul cairn). As ive seen, most of the people say that this is a game problem that must be fixed from bethesda with a new patch... the things ive listed above are from players that have the same prob and im not 100% if that's the main prob.

I agree with you. I've done a little "experiment" using three completely clean new Helgen saves, two with the Dawnguard installed, and the other not. After a couple of hours, you know what happened :laugh:

So I'm 99% sure that the Dawnguard causes that irritating truble. The only solution is "stay away from the DLC," sadly I assume. But it doesn't happen every time. One of my saves with the Dawnguard never clashed even after I finished the all quest line. So maybe there's a trigger, or, let's say, a "mine", which causes the error.

However, we're still not sure whether the program of the DLC itself is bad or there's some drivers or softwares that don't get on with. Anyway, All we can is just wait till Bethesda fixes the problem :down:

Edited by k556a

Hi, I've been trying to pin point the cause of the error for quite some times now. I haven't really found it but I think I should just post what I know so far so that some one with better luck and skill may figure it out.

I tried to find the problem by saving before entering soul cairn multiple times and restrict my actions in Soul Cairn whenever each time the error shows up.

- Tried both weakened soul and turning vampire options: still get error => not the cause

- Get rid of AddShout function in Durnehviir script: still get error => not the cause

- Get rid of random lightning strike script: still get error => not the cause

- Use SetStage command to console through the quest: No error => the problem not lies in the quest

- Use Movetoqt to teleport to quest map marker to finish the quest: No error => the problem does not start with "entering the Cairn"

=> through these two tests, I know the problem must start when I do some actions in the Cairn. So I stopped doing actions one by one to see what would stop the error.

- Not hitting the glowing blue circle to open gate: still get error

- Not harvesting soul from Soul Fissure: still get error

- Not picking 3 summoning books: still get error

- Not traveling using purple portal, using tcl command to fly to inaccessible places instead: still get error

- Not using lightning rod to create soul gems: still get error

- Not doing Soul Cain Horse quest: No error

- Start Soul Cairn Horse quest but never get close to the skull altar: No error

So the result of my test is that, if I don't get close to the Arvak skull altar which trigger the lightning strike and summon hostile mistmen, I don't get Runtime error R6025 anymore. This means it is possible that the Arvak altar is the source of the problem. However, I checked the script and found no problem :pinch: . It would be great if someone try the quest without triggering Arvak altar and see if it prevents the error (it better be or I would have to start all over again)

Hi, I've been trying to pin point the cause of the error for quite some times now. I haven't really found it but I think I should just post what I know so far so that some one with better luck and skill may figure it out.

I tried to find the problem by saving before entering soul cairn multiple times and restrict my actions in Soul Cairn whenever each time the error shows up.

- Tried both weakened soul and turning vampire options: still get error => not the cause

- Get rid of AddShout function in Durnehviir script: still get error => not the cause

- Get rid of random lightning strike script: still get error => not the cause

- Use SetStage command to console through the quest: No error => the problem not lies in the quest

- Use Movetoqt to teleport to quest map marker to finish the quest: No error => the problem does not start with "entering the Cairn"

=> through these two tests, I know the problem must start when I do some actions in the Cairn. So I stopped doing actions one by one to see what would stop the error.

- Not hitting the glowing blue circle to open gate: still get error

- Not harvesting soul from Soul Fissure: still get error

- Not picking 3 summoning books: still get error

- Not traveling using purple portal, using tcl command to fly to inaccessible places instead: still get error

- Not using lightning rod to create soul gems: still get error

- Not doing Soul Cain Horse quest: No error

- Start Soul Cairn Horse quest but never get close to the skull altar: No error

So the result of my test is that, if I don't get close to the Arvak skull altar which trigger the lightning strike and summon hostile mistmen, I don't get Runtime error R6025 anymore. This means it is possible that the Arvak altar is the source of the problem. However, I checked the script and found no problem :pinch: . It would be great if someone try the quest without triggering Arvak altar and see if it prevents the error (it better be or I would have to start all over again)

I can Confirm this, The first time I got error (as I'm having the same problem now) It was when i talked to the Vampire Companions mother, Before killing the Dragon I had found the Avark Horse skull, so I think we can safely assume the problem has something to do with the skulls location.

So I finally found a solution to this online. Thanks to the person who figured this out, the solution and link to his forum post are below.

Looks like its related to the dark brotherhood wedding quest.

the problematic script was:

SF_BardSongsInstrumentalWedd_0010C67A

I will post the solution for someone with the same problem:

1. Goto the wedding area in solitude where he first appeared during the assassination quest

2. Open console

3. Type "prid 000D5637" to select the invisible problem NPC using his refID

4. Type "enable" to make him reappear

5. Kill the problem bard NPC

This stopped all of the CTD's and Runtime Error crashes for me. Yay, i can finally play the game!

So I finally found a solution to this online. Thanks to the person who figured this out, the solution and link to his forum post are below.
Looks like its related to the dark brotherhood wedding quest.
the problematic script was:
SF_BardSongsInstrumentalWedd_0010C67A
I will post the solution for someone with the same problem:
1. Goto the wedding area in solitude where he first appeared during the assassination quest
2. Open console
3. Type "prid 000D5637" to select the invisible problem NPC using his refID
4. Type "enable" to make him reappear
5. Kill the problem bard NPC
This stopped all of the CTD's and Runtime Error crashes for me. Yay, i can finally play the game!

Not exactly, I never do Dark Brotherhood quest line (I only did it once to fill the achievement) and still get this error every single time I done the horse quest in Soul Cairn. May be the "SF_BardSongsInstrumentalWedd_0010C67A" script is another cause but not in my case.

Edited by blacksupernova

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you. I've done a little "experiment" using three completely clean new Helgen saves, two with the Dawnguard installed, and the other not. After a couple of hours, you know what happened :laugh:

So I'm 99% sure that the Dawnguard causes that irritating truble.

OK, I was wrong.

I just got the error while I was playing without the Dawnguard, after 70+ hours from Helgen :pinch:

Now I totally don't know what in Oblivion causes the r6025 error!