⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function

JRFan007

This runtime problem didn't happen when I installed dawnguard with my other mods. I played for a few days and hadnt added any new mods when this runtime error started. I deleted a bunch of mods and scripts but I've started several new games since then and that is when this problem started.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was happening with a clean install then sorry, I don't what to do.

But to tell the truth, I had the same error in another non-gaming related software. The solution was to rename that software's registry keys in regedit so that reinstalling created brand new registry keys. That's somewhat advanced and I hold no responsibility if you try doing that.

I'd say do another re-install and see what happens.

EDIT

I don't get it, on the other thread you say this problem started after you deleted scripts and mods.

Over here you say:

This runtime problem didn't happen when I installed dawnguard with my other mods. I played for a few days and hadnt added any new mods when this runtime error started. I deleted a bunch of mods and scripts but I've started several new games since then and that is when this problem started[/tedu].

Could you please be more clear about when your error started?

Did it start after deleting mods or after a clean reinstall of Skyrim without dawnguard or mods?

Edited by asdgora

If this was happening with a clean install then sorry, I don't what to do.

But to tell the truth, I had the same error in another non-gaming related software. The solution was to rename that software's registry keys in regedit so that reinstalling created brand new registry keys. That's somewhat advanced and I hold no responsibility if you try doing that.

I'd say do another re-install and see what happens.

EDIT

I don't get it, on the other thread you say this problem started after you deleted scripts and mods.

Over here you say:

This runtime problem didn't happen when I installed dawnguard with my other mods. I played for a few days and hadnt added any new mods when this runtime error started. I deleted a bunch of mods and scripts but I've started several new games since then and that is when this problem started[/tedu].

Could you please be more clear about when your error started?

Did it start after deleting mods or after a clean reinstall of Skyrim without dawnguard or mods?

The set of events: I had always had a CTD problem, then I installed Dawnguard and still had CTD problems and then I started to get bloated saves/freezing but no runtime errors. I then deleted a ton of mods and scripts and started a new game. About 6-7 hours into that game I started getting that runtime error that I had never seen before. I then uninstalled Skyrim and everything associated with Skyrim, cleaned out some of the C drive and then did a reinstall. Reinstalled my old mods that had never before given me a runtime error and about 2-3 hours into that game I recieved a runtime error.

Sorry for the confusion.

And ya, everything I've been seeing wants me to rewrite code and f**k with the regedit which is way beyond my skill level lol.

But to tell the truth, I had the same error in another non-gaming related software. The solution was to rename that software's registry keys in regedit so that reinstalling created brand new registry keys. ...

The thing about Bethesda games is that they only ever use one entry in the registry. Everything else is stored in ini files. In the registry, they store the install folder, and that's it. If that registry key were getting corrupted, then how would the game start in the first place?

So you never re-installed and played a clean Skyrim, right? Please delete and reinstall Skyrim ONLY. No dawnguard and no mods, even if they didn't give you any errors before.

I find it hilarious how people are being asked to burn through 5.5 GB of Steam's bandwidth just to fix something that's likely a few MB of corruption (or more likely a coding error in 1.7). :wallbash: :thumbsup:

Did you try to verify the install via Steam (verify game cache integrity)? You can also try rolling back to 1.6, which is what I did, for other reasons. That's a nasty C++ error. It's trying to call a function that doesn't have a definition, most likely because some child object failed to implement it. So that's why Skyrim crashes and locks up all the time. It's written in C++ (except for the scripts, of course).

I don't know if this applies to everyone getting this error, but I was getting that error myself. I deleted the 1.7 specific files and replaced them with 1.5.26, and this seems to have reverted the problem. I'd say their 1.7 code has some gotcha that they didn't detect.

i had the same exact error message and i dont know if this will work for you but what i did was i looked on steam to see if there were any driver updates and there was i installed the update and now no more r6025 pure virtual crap lol try it out hope it works it added a C++ thingy idk how to explain it but it did. Edited by jackofblades2010

It's more likely that the game is designed to work with a certain version of the C++ runtime library, but the user was running with an earlier one. That's not the OS per se. You could have the same issue with the JRE, if you run a new java application but have an old Java runtime. Edited by blitzen