Screenshot Community Event: Thank you for participating!

BigBizkit

In response to post #69166901. #69179571, #69184646 are all replies on the same post.

FreedomsFlame wrote: Will there be a more open screenshot contest any time soon? The Division 2's photo mode has given me a few gems that I thought would fit this theme, but the games were limited to BethSoft ones.
Fyrcynn wrote: Huh? What makes you say that a game with three (3) mods, all of which are reshade presets would be more inclusive? It's a little early to be asking for the next event anyway.
ajhardy wrote: *Sigh!*

Possibly. This thing took quite a bit out of all of us, Nexus staffers and independents like Excellentium and myself, to run. Much more time and effort went into this than might be apparent at first glance. It really was a team effort, too- mad props to the Nexus folks for treating an amateur like myself with interest and respect. Though the public part of the event is wrapped up, there's a bit more conversation to be had on the back end about lessons learned, what went well/poorly, and how we could improve and where we might go with the next outing. Bear with us if that takes longer than you'd like- we'd really like to do this thing as well as humanly possible.

One reason we chose to focus on Bethesda games for this event was the lively and organized community screen-shooting scene already present in these media. If you're interested in highlighting the visual potential of the Division franchise, consider organizing your fellow screen-shooters to create a community-run event of your own, like our Skyrim/Fallout Community Theme series. Communities that self-organize and show initiative in collaborating already will be more likely to receive official attention and support.

The Division 2 sure does look pretty from afar- can't wait to see what you create with it!

In response to post #69176941.

Revolvere wrote: Hi there, I love these type of community events. It's a great way to get the Nexus community involved. Will there be different games added to the list or will it always be the same games that are currently listed? Thanks for everything!

In one form or another, we would love to organise and run more events for the wider community and/or different communities.

In response to post #69176941. #69192456 is also a reply to the same post.

Revolvere wrote: Hi there, I love these type of community events. It's a great way to get the Nexus community involved. Will there be different games added to the list or will it always be the same games that are currently listed? Thanks for everything!
BigBizkit wrote: In one form or another, we would love to organise and run more events for the wider community and/or different communities.

That sounds great! Thanks for the reply :)

In response to post #69166901. #69179571, #69184646, #69187881 are all replies on the same post.

FreedomsFlame wrote: Will there be a more open screenshot contest any time soon? The Division 2's photo mode has given me a few gems that I thought would fit this theme, but the games were limited to BethSoft ones.
Fyrcynn wrote: Huh? What makes you say that a game with three (3) mods, all of which are reshade presets would be more inclusive? It's a little early to be asking for the next event anyway.
napoleonofthestump wrote: Possibly. This thing took quite a bit out of all of us, Nexus staffers and independents like Excellentium and myself, to run. Much more time and effort went into this than might be apparent at first glance. It really was a team effort, too- mad props to the Nexus folks for treating an amateur like myself with interest and respect. Though the public part of the event is wrapped up, there's a bit more conversation to be had on the back end about lessons learned, what went well/poorly, and how we could improve and where we might go with the next outing. Bear with us if that takes longer than you'd like- we'd really like to do this thing as well as humanly possible.

One reason we chose to focus on Bethesda games for this event was the lively and organized community screen-shooting scene already present in these media. If you're interested in highlighting the visual potential of the Division franchise, consider organizing your fellow screen-shooters to create a community-run event of your own, like our Skyrim/Fallout Community Theme series. Communities that self-organize and show initiative in collaborating already will be more likely to receive official attention and support.

The Division 2 sure does look pretty from afar- can't wait to see what you create with it!

I would personally love to organize events like this for Ubisoft games. Their Photo Mode feature in recent games yields a lot of great results. I have quite a collection of great screenshots from these.

I would do a Ubi-wide photomode contest. No prize, I don't have anything to give, but it would be fun. It would include games like AC: Odyssey and Origins, Far Cry 5, Division 2, and any others with photomode. It could also be extended to any game that has the Shift+F2 functionality, like Watch Dogs 2.

Also, ajhardy, I feel your pain and second your eye-roll sigh.

In response to post #69176941. #69192456, #69192726 are all replies on the same post.

BigBizkit wrote: In one form or another, we would love to organise and run more events for the wider community and/or different communities.
Revolvere wrote: That sounds great! Thanks for the reply :)

I'd love to help organize events for Ubisoft games (or any game that supports Shift+F2 or Photo Mode).

In response to post #69166901. #69179571, #69184646, #69187881, #69195716 are all replies on the same post.

napoleonofthestump wrote: Possibly. This thing took quite a bit out of all of us, Nexus staffers and independents like Excellentium and myself, to run. Much more time and effort went into this than might be apparent at first glance. It really was a team effort, too- mad props to the Nexus folks for treating an amateur like myself with interest and respect. Though the public part of the event is wrapped up, there's a bit more conversation to be had on the back end about lessons learned, what went well/poorly, and how we could improve and where we might go with the next outing. Bear with us if that takes longer than you'd like- we'd really like to do this thing as well as humanly possible.

09jlardinois wrote: I would personally love to organize events like this for Ubisoft games. Their Photo Mode feature in recent games yields a lot of great results. I have quite a collection of great screenshots from these.

I would do a Ubi-wide photomode contest. No prize, I don't have anything to give, but it would be fun. It would include games like AC: Odyssey and Origins, Far Cry 5, Division 2, and any others with photomode. It could also be extended to any game that has the Shift+F2 functionality, like Watch Dogs 2.

Thanks for the reply, Napoleon, I appreciate the work you, Excellentium, and the Nexus staff have done to put this together.

In response to post #69166901. #69179571, #69184646, #69187881, #69195716, #69197266, #69210636, #69211061 are all replies on the same post.

09jlardinois wrote: I would personally love to organize events like this for Ubisoft games. Their Photo Mode feature in recent games yields a lot of great results. I have quite a collection of great screenshots from these.

FreedomsFlame wrote: Thanks for the reply, Napoleon, I appreciate the work you, Excellentium, and the Nexus staff have done to put this together.
Fyrcynn wrote: Since it seems to be trendy to sigh and roll eyes at me, I assume it will be acceptable to return the gesture and do the same to you.

After all, it's much easier to look down on me than try to understand the meaning of the question, especially because I'm on a polar opposite opinion from you, which makes me an acceptable target. Proof is that you didn't even try to hide yor disdain for me, when you could have either explained your own viewpoint in a polite and concise manner, or if you didn't feel like it, not reply at all. Even then I'd have just let the first eye rolling exercise go, but two can't be a coicidence, you know.

Very persuasive gestures indeed, ajhardy and 09jlardinois.
Fyrcynn wrote: Sigh. *eyeroll*

09jlardinois - Just do it!

In response to post #69232311.

LeonidasNerevar wrote: Thank you for running this event and to everyone who participated. Let's see more in the future! Anything to bring the community in and encourage participation is a welcome thing and appreciated.

And for the next contest, can the prize plz be free tacos for life??? TACOOOOOS

In response to post #69232311. #69264871 is also a reply to the same post.

LeonidasNerevar wrote: Thank you for running this event and to everyone who participated. Let's see more in the future! Anything to bring the community in and encourage participation is a welcome thing and appreciated.
09jlardinois wrote: And for the next contest, can the prize plz be free tacos for life??? TACOOOOOS

Can't make any promises about tacos, but maybe some fish and chips. Anyone? ;)