Vortex Overcomplicated

Neuri

The problem with NMM though was that it was too simple. It forced the user into the mindset of mods falling under "install order", where the order you install them dictates the priority of the mods. With Vortex, it's a switch to the mentality of "load order", where you choose how the mods get prioritized (as the forced, deal with the conflict right now encourages this mentality).

Also, for a simple user, the only real difference between Vortex and NMM is that Vortex handles the conflicts between mods differently, and requires you to hit the "Deploy Mods" button in the "Mods" section of the program after you've finished installing and setting the conflicts.

That's it.

Nothing else.

If you don't want to use the "Add Tool/Use Tool" functionality of the program, you don't have to.

If you don't want to add a script extender by adding it as a mod, you don't have to.

If you don't want to use the automated functions of Vortex, you don't have to.

Because of this, I'm really confused as to how Vortex is more complicated than NMM. The core of the modding workflow is essentially the same between the two. Just that you have the option of waiting until the end to deal with the conflicts, or deal with it at that moment.

So, have uninstalled Vortex, and now I get a repeated error message that stops the download.

Deep sigh.

And here I was thinking these things could be simple, wrong.

A complaint without information is not going to get you resolution.

1) What did you download

2) Where is the link you downloaded it from

3) What is the specific error message you got

If you are talking about NMM - you can go directly to Github and get it from there if other links fail.

Hey, rmm2000.

Your bullet points are succinct and to the point. :D

1. Mod configuration manager for FO4

2. The link is from Nexus Mods; https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21497

3. The specific error message that i got was an "Application not found". If you want further details, I will provide them, but it's a long HTTP address.

You are in the wrong place...

That is Mod Configuration Menu. It is a Mod - not a Mod Manager.

Click the link at the top that says Install Vortex.

Scroll down to the very bottom of the page that opens and you will find a link to Install Nexus Mod Manager. That is what you want.

I was using NMM to link to the page on Nexus mods, so I could download the mod in the files tab.

I was using NMM to facilitate those mods that needed to be updated in the mods tab.

I already have NMM installed, Version 0.65.2.

I don't know where you are in the world but I have to get to bed before all hell breaks loose.

Thank-you for spending your time helping. Needs must. Night. Night. :dry: