Why is it that EVERYONE retexturing Dragonbone weapons just makes them all look Orcish?! Okay, sometimes there are katanas and Volendrung, but still lame and unoriginal. I actually like most of the Vanilla Dragonbone weapons; it's just the Warhammer that looks like it's from the effing Flintstones. If they can carve decent-looking swords and axes out of dragon bones, and make maces from what look like teeth or claws, why is the warhammer just a giant femur?!

If it's too much to ask for an original design that's not just a copy of another model, the existing Warhammer I'd like used for a retexture would be Iron; its head actually looks like a jagged bone fragment. And then, to tie off the loose ends, maybe retexture the Iron Warhammer to look like the Champion's Cudgel. Volendrung is a Daedric Artifact, meant to be unique. But the Champion's Cudgel could easily be just another named enchanted weapon like so many others found in the game.

To be clear, though, if anyone is up to designing an original new Dragonbone Warhammer, that would be ideal.

I LOVE it! Reminiscent of Wuuthrad, but unique. If you could make that a replacer for all Dragonbone Warhammers(and of course, change the smithing perk from ebony to dragonbone) that would be awesome!

Edited by Erusion29

Haha, I figured you'd like it! I'm very busy with real life right now, but it should be as simple as renaming the mesh and texture files to those of the vanilla hammer and putting them in the correct spot. Here's a quick how-to:

- Unzip the mod download.

- In the extracted folder, navigate to \Meshes\Weapons\Scalebreaker.

- Rename Scalebreaker.nif to warhammer.nif.

- Copy it to Skyrim\Data\Meshes\dlc01\weapons\dragonbone (if it doesn't exist, create it.)

- Back in the extracted mod folder, open \Textures\Weapons\Scalebreaker.

- Rename axeofysgramor.dds to warhammer.dds.

- Copy warhammer.dds and the warhammer_m.dds to Skyrim\Data\textures\dlc01\weapons\dragonbone, again creating it if it doesn't exist.

If you want to install it as a mod with a mod manager, instead of copying it to the Skyrim folder, copy it to a new folder on your desktop called "Data" under \Meshes\dlc01\weapons\dragonbone and \textures\dlc01\weapons\dragonbone, respectively, and make it into a .zip.

Done. Not very savvy, so I trusted you and followed your instructions to the letter. Hoping that it works, but I probably won't find out for a while. And if it doesn't work(or causes major glitches), all I should have to do is delete the folders I created, right?

Edited by Erusion29

They're not there because the vanilla/DLC meshes are archived in .bsa files (which are basically glorified .zip files). Just create the required folders.

EDIT: The game prioritizes loose files over those in the .bsa's, so it doesn't matter if the original files aren't there.

Edited by TheGreatFalro

Excellent. And the dragonbone warhammer will have the same stats and smithing perk as Vanilla, but look like Scalebreaker?

Yep. All you're doing in the steps I listed is replacing the mesh and textures, which are solely visual.