Vampire Head Discoloration - Doesn't Match Body

Celestros

I'll keep this short - Female Dunmer, become a vampire, head coloration no longer matches body. There is a visible neck line where the two colors meet, and it isn't subtle. Does this happen for everyone else or is it a circumstance of my character?

------------------------------------

Edit: I believe the issue is non-default body/textures. The next question however, is whether anyone knows of a fix for the issue floating around. Surely someone has figured out a solution to this glaring issue since Dawnguard's release...

Edited by Celestros

Yep. My character turned dark after becoming a vampire so I tried changing the skin tone back to light color using race menu but it just won't change the skin tone of the head. So I looked into the esm files with the creation kit but I couldn't identify the problem by comparing face data and tinting of the vampire race and normal race in the race window.

The simple answer is don't use custom body mods.

That is not the answer you are looking for. There are so many body mods, and each one of them is likely to have this problem and require a fix specific to that mod. The underlying cause of this type of problem is that the dark face bug occurs when the facegen data for an actor is not present in the right directories or was never even created to begin with. I know more about this issue with NPCs than I do with the player character. If you could examine your body mod and others, and the base game, you could figure out how facegen data is handled for player characters, then you could generate facegen data for the race you are having issues with. This gets one more layer of complication because of vampirism. There are two versions of most races. Vampire and not. You are having trouble with the facegen data for the vampire version of the race with your custom body mod. If you could create those meshes and textures using the CK and place them in the proper directories, the issue might be solved.

I have this issue and of course like most people I have a custom body mod, the issue is indeed very noticeable on Dark Elves, I have not noticed it with any other vampire race so much.

How does one go about creating these facegen things in the CK for custom body mods? Is there a tutorial....or could someone who perhaps knows how, write one? My default body mod is no longer being worked on and I may well have to do this myself if I can.

The simple answer is don't use custom body mods.

That is not the answer you are looking for. There are so many body mods, and each one of them is likely to have this problem and require a fix specific to that mod. The underlying cause of this type of problem is that the dark face bug occurs when the facegen data for an actor is not present in the right directories or was never even created to begin with. I know more about this issue with NPCs than I do with the player character. If you could examine your body mod and others, and the base game, you could figure out how facegen data is handled for player characters, then you could generate facegen data for the race you are having issues with. This gets one more layer of complication because of vampirism. There are two versions of most races. Vampire and not. You are having trouble with the facegen data for the vampire version of the race with your custom body mod. If you could create those meshes and textures using the CK and place them in the proper directories, the issue might be solved.

But there is no problem with the normal races. How could that be the problem with facegen data?

I have this issue and of course like most people I have a custom body mod, the issue is indeed very noticeable on Dark Elves, I have not noticed it with any other vampire race so much.

How does one go about creating these facegen things in the CK for custom body mods? Is there a tutorial....or could someone who perhaps knows how, write one? My default body mod is no longer being worked on and I may well have to do this myself if I can.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/763688-vampire-head-body-skintone-mismatch/

The problem is like this. When you change the skintone of the vampire race, the skin tone of the head doesn't get changed. That's why they mismatch.

Edited by ragnaroklucifer

So just to be clear everyone who uses custom body mods has this happen to the npc vampires in their game?

http://i49.tinypic.com/25gdj5u.jpg

happens even without body mods

It's something to do with whether the skin tone morph gets applied on the head and the body. Nothing to do with the body mods you install.

So just to be clear everyone who uses custom body mods has this happen to the npc vampires in their game?

http://i49.tinypic.com/25gdj5u.jpg

happens even without body mods

It's something to do with whether the skin tone morph gets applied on the head and the body. Nothing to do with the body mods you install.

So everyone is experiencing this, what about people on consoles?

Imo it's got something to do with the new Vampire face skin textures, and adding that to already exisiting mods from before Dawnguard tends to confuse things. It's been trial, and error for me, but from what I've played with thus far I found that if you go into CK, and try to match up the skin complexion with the base head part, (something like match Skinheadnordmale with Baseskinheadnordmale) and change it from when it's usually being listed as DEFAULT, then export the face, it can snap back into matching the body. I use cbbe, and better males, and I've managed to fix most of the vampires I have come across with discoloration. Also sometimes tinkering with the actual vampire race itself, and setting a certain skin as default, and then going to the npc, and exporting the textures, can solve the problem.