[WIP] Project Extend And Change Everything (PEACE)

antistar

This sounds really neat to have. I also like how using certain consumables would also cause items to be added to the junk menu. Reminds me of a very funny video about health potions. I'll post a link if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjXOwUnJzA0

I very much agree with you on adrenaline. The way that it works makes no sense. Adrenaline is supposed to be triggered in response to stressful situations that triggers fight-or-flight responses. Not by killing NPCs while avoiding sleep. Adrenaline shouldn't also just outright increase your overall damage. It's supposed to increase your physical performance. If anything, adrenaline in Fallout 4 should be triggered through certain actions like taking damage and, well, just being in combat in general...and maybe being in a near death state as well. Just overall being in a state where your life is in danger. The effects of adrenaline should be slower AP drain when using sprint or having increased max AP (which ever is easier), faster AP restoration, and maybe increased melee damage, damage resistance, and movement speed. Maybe increased VATS accuracy as well but I'm not sure about that one.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/25480/what-does-adrenaline-do

I don't think anyone mentioned this yet but I wonder if it's possible to bring back Fallout New Vegas' damage threshold mechanic for armor...or at least just implement some mechanic to make armor work like actual armor; especially with power armor. Power armor is supposed to make you a walking tank yet in Fallout 4, you can down people in power armor with pistols. Power armor should be able to shrug off at least most small arms fire. It should take high-caliber and/or armor-piercing loaded rifles and anti-tank weaponry to punch through power armor, well, armor. At least that's how I think most power armor should be; especially military grade power armor. Escape from Tarkov has a pretty good system with armor as well where armor can stop bullets and thus negate a lot of damage but your character still experiences blunt damage from the kinetic energy of the round itself.

https://fallout.gamepedia.com/Damage_threshold

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ballistics

I think I saw a mod a while ago that does something like what you describe with Adrenaline. I don't know that I want to make a big mechanic out of it myself though...

WARS currently changes the Adrenaline perk to give 5% bonus Kill XP per rank, rather than 5% bonus damage - for a maximum of +50% Kill XP. In this way it's more of a vague "on a roll" kind of thing; XP is such an abstract concept to begin with. I went with that because BGS obviously wasn't trying for a genuine "adrenaline" mechanic in Survival mode; it's just the name they used for an abstract mechanic designed to play off the "sleep to save" requirement. I was inspired by (in other words I nicked the idea from) ARPGs that give more bonus XP the longer you go without dying.

It's not something I wanted to spend a lot of time on, so it was just a quick change to at least make it less of a "magical" thing. I'm not sure yet if I'll make the same change in PEACE, since it concerns damage dealt, which hooks into lots of other parts of the game. Dealing with all that is part of what WARS is for.

On Damage Resistance vs Damage Threshold; there are a couple of mods out there that bring DT into FO4. This came up a little while ago in the WARS WIP thread (discussing PEACE before I made the PEACE WIP thread), but currently my feeling is that while I prefer DT to DR, I'm not sure that I prefer it enough to want to go through and rebalance all the armour and clothing in the game to suit it. I may change my mind on that later.

Ahhh... Escape from Tarkov. If only it were a single-player open-world RPG like Fallout. (Or STALKER maybe.)

Edited by antistar

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, like this mod?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35912/?tab=files

I guess a 5% XP increase per kill per rank would work just fine for now. It's either find an alternative to the vanilla adrenaline mechanic or just turn the mechanic off, which Survival Options actually provides an option for.

It would be amazing if there was an open world RPG game inspired by Escape from Tarkov's gameplay and mechanics. Hell, if I were to make a Fallout game, I would definitely use Escape from Tarkov and STALKER as inspiration for gameplay and immersion...as well as plenty of other games like Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas, DayZ, etc. One of the major things that I would do would be to overhaul SPECIAL. Instead of just generally leveling up and putting points into certain skills and perks, I was thinking of having it where you level up your skills and SPECIAL through performing various activities, like weight lifting increases arm strength and melee damage and treating injuries and reading first aid books increases the medical skills. Some activities could also cause de-leveling of some skills as well, like taking and becoming addicted to drugs can lower some of your skills and you have to work to build those skills back up. At least that's part of how I would design a Fallout game.

STALKER is still pretty fun to go back to. Anomaly is right now my most favorite STALKER standalone mod. Although, just recently someone made a new addon mod to Dead Air that adds individual magazines that you have to load ammo into in order to be able to reload your weapons. It's pretty awesome and it fits well considering how Dead Air handles weapon reloading compared to other STALKER mods.

In regards to armor upgrades I was just referring to the certain mods to armor at the crafting bench just giving numbers that don't make sense for what the actual modification is. If you were to go in and examine the numbers in regards to armor and see how they interact with your weapons damage numbers I am sure you would get the modifications themselves sorted just as well (I haven't played the game in quite a while in anticipation for WARS and PEACE but I am fairly certain I remember the armor system being just a little bit out of whack Also the ballistic fiber modification you can get for clothes is absurdly powerful, I think it exists for those who just like the plain outfits and just want to strut their stuff without having to equip icky looking armor.) Personally I loved using ballistic weave regardless of it being ridiculous because many of the best armors in the game look effing ridiculous however practical they might be. I will likely just end up getting one of those mods that allow you to equip modern military looking gear so I don't feel stupid looking and modify the numbers to fit into WARS balance if they aren't suited. Just as a note if I had to make any suggestions I would be to make it so that armor values are fairly low across the board and only a slight factor in your balance overall. Naturally armored enemies such as deathclaws and radscorpions armor values aren't tied to pieces of equipment so armor piercing rounds would still be of use. The only problem I can see cropping up with this is super mutants and humans with more high end military gear such as gunners potentially not being tough enough. I have always liked the idea of different armor tiers having specific strengths and weaknesses such as Ebony being great against magic while the gap between it and other armor tiers in terms of it's raw defense value is significantly lessened with other armor types having different bonuses as well.

In any case I would much rather you work on the more important aspects of the project to you than my aesthetic complaints as there are some reskins out there I am sure. I am going to go ahead and skim through some armor mods or reskin mods for current armors and link the mod page on here. If you ever get to a point in the project where more important issues have been addressed and you find that you don't care for the lackluster looks of the current armor selection and want to make that somewhat of a priority you can have a reference of some potential options you might be able to get permission to utilize. If that never becomes a priority for you I would greatly appreciate if you release a guide on how to balance armor mods to be in line with your vision for WARS and PEACE similar to how you are going to for weapons with WARS so that I can give some added options for the folks out there! Thanks Antistar. I am giddy with anticipation at least once a week!

STALKER is still pretty fun to go back to. Anomaly is right now my most favorite STALKER standalone mod. Although, just recently someone made a new addon mod to Dead Air that adds individual magazines that you have to load ammo into in order to be able to reload your weapons. It's pretty awesome and it fits well considering how Dead Air handles weapon reloading compared to other STALKER mods.

Yep, people do more and more impressive things with STALKER as time goes on. I played Anomaly myself several months ago.

I looked up the add-on to Dead Air you mentioned, and it looks like it has a way to go yet. Promising, though. I think one of the biggest challenges associated with tracking individual rounds of ammo/magazines/etc in mods/games is designing and implementing a good interface for it. It seems pretty doable to me, just that no-one's been in a position that gives them the resources needed to do a really good job of it, from what I've seen.

In regards to armor upgrades I was just referring to the certain mods to armor at the crafting bench just giving numbers that don't make sense for what the actual modification is. If you were to go in and examine the numbers in regards to armor and see how they interact with your weapons damage numbers I am sure you would get the modifications themselves sorted just as well (I haven't played the game in quite a while in anticipation for WARS and PEACE but I am fairly certain I remember the armor system being just a little bit out of whack Also the ballistic fiber modification you can get for clothes is absurdly powerful, I think it exists for those who just like the plain outfits and just want to strut their stuff without having to equip icky looking armor.) Personally I loved using ballistic weave regardless of it being ridiculous because many of the best armors in the game look effing ridiculous however practical they might be. I will likely just end up getting one of those mods that allow you to equip modern military looking gear so I don't feel stupid looking and modify the numbers to fit into WARS balance if they aren't suited. Just as a note if I had to make any suggestions I would be to make it so that armor values are fairly low across the board and only a slight factor in your balance overall. Naturally armored enemies such as deathclaws and radscorpions armor values aren't tied to pieces of equipment so armor piercing rounds would still be of use. The only problem I can see cropping up with this is super mutants and humans with more high end military gear such as gunners potentially not being tough enough. I have always liked the idea of different armor tiers having specific strengths and weaknesses such as Ebony being great against magic while the gap between it and other armor tiers in terms of it's raw defense value is significantly lessened with other armor types having different bonuses as well.

In any case I would much rather you work on the more important aspects of the project to you than my aesthetic complaints as there are some reskins out there I am sure. I am going to go ahead and skim through some armor mods or reskin mods for current armors and link the mod page on here. If you ever get to a point in the project where more important issues have been addressed and you find that you don't care for the lackluster looks of the current armor selection and want to make that somewhat of a priority you can have a reference of some potential options you might be able to get permission to utilize. If that never becomes a priority for you I would greatly appreciate if you release a guide on how to balance armor mods to be in line with your vision for WARS and PEACE similar to how you are going to for weapons with WARS so that I can give some added options for the folks out there! Thanks Antistar. I am giddy with anticipation at least once a week!

I want getting better armour to be a worthwhile and notable thing - part of progression - so I doubt I'd do something like make armour values generally low across the board. Beyond that, yeah, once I get to look over the armour stats closely I'll have a better idea of what I'll be doing.

I imagine at some point I will write some tutorials on how to make certain types of mods (e.g. armour, power armour) play nicely with PEACE, yeah.

Hi Antistar, I am working on a Barrett M82A1, do you know any animators that can do a good 1st and 3rd person animation? I have the gun fully set up for right hand reload and open for beta trial with left hand bolt on bethesda.net. I know Wardaddy and Ha_Ru are out of the fallout anim's for now.

The high-poly model for the power armour Cargo Carrier is done now:

- Power Armour LBE 08

- Power Armour LBE 09

I need to do a little more on the low-poly - including the UV map - and then it's time to texture it.

Hi Antistar, I am working on a Barrett M82A1, do you know any animators that can do a good 1st and 3rd person animation? I have the gun fully set up for right hand reload and open for beta trial with left hand bolt on bethesda.net. I know Wardaddy and Ha_Ru are out of the fallout anim's for now.

This is more of a WARS thing, but in any case; I replied to your PM about this. (Which you already know of course; this is just so people know I'm not ignoring you. :wink:)

The idea is that the boxy pouch (the one based on the Stealth Boy assets) is clipped onto the rear cage, but for other things there - which ended up being that metal canister - I was vaguely toying with the idea of having them strapped down somehow. So we'll see; maybe.

Looking at it again,I'm noticing a lack of means to secure the doors shut. If it's relying on magnets,anything strong enough to remain shut from a rooftop drop would also be strong enough to be impossible to open.