Minecraft Modding

I have a question to ask/problem to fix regarding Minecraft modding (specifically Java edition).

I have successfully installed a shader using Optifine and it works well. However, during the startup of the game, I have to select the Optifine setting/profile to get it to work.

Keeping that in mind, I have also tried to install the Roguelike modpack (https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/roguelike-adventures-and-dungeons)

However, in order to get it to work, I have to install Minecraft Forge and start the game with the 'Forge' profile (which does not work, as it crashes the game when I try to create a new world).

My question is: how do I get them both to work at the same time?

Can someone help me?

Hey, a question I can answer!

When you download Optifine, you get a file ending in .jar. Normally you would double-click and run it to install it. However, you can also drop it into the /mods/ folder in the profile's folder. For the Twitch Launcher this would be somewhere like C:\Users\**Your name**\Twitch\Minecraft\Instances\**Name of the modpack**/

Hey, a question I can answer!

When you download Optifine, you get a file ending in .jar. Normally you would double-click and run it to install it. However, you can also drop it into the /mods/ folder in the profile's folder. For the Twitch Launcher this would be somewhere like C:\Users\**Your name**\Twitch\Minecraft\Instances\**Name of the modpack**/

Also, I forgot to mention, I have Minecraft 1.14.4 installed. The 'recommended install' of forge is 1.12.2, which comes as a .exe file. The 1.14.4 version comes as a .jar file. The former 'works' and creates a 'mods' folder, while the latter does not.

Perhaps I need to wait for a new version of forge to come out?