Hyperion Tram use causes CTD

gmg2dave

Just decided to give this game another shot, updated all my game files, verified them all and started a new game. However when I first reach the Hyperion after talking to the captain you are supposed to use the tram to travel to the Nexus for the reunion, but every time I try to use the stupid tram, the cutscene plays and then CTD. Have tried it with mods/without mods, even have the MEA fixpack installed, and nothing. Instant ctd as soon as that scene plays. Which pretty much makes this game unplayable.

So any sage advice on how to get past this, or has anyone else experienced this game killing bug?

• 1 year later...

A year and half later no replies? Same thing is happening to me. Looking for a fix. Tried changing the game from windowed fullscreen (which I'm using due to resharder) to plain fullscreen but made no difference.

EDIT: To get around this, try the following:

1. Change the graphics to LOW.

2. Turn on VSync in your video settings for the game.

3. Start the game from Geforce Experience.

Doing number 3 above fixed it for me, maybe it was a mod I'm using in Frosty Manager. Once I'm through with the Nexus quests I'll go back to starting the game via Frosty so that I can use my mods.

• 3 months later...