Candlelight not showing up in magic menu bug

Nitrate55

I'm having a really annoying problem with the candlelight spell: it won't show up in the spells menu at all.

I know for a fact that I've learned the spell as I get a message saying that I already know Candlelight when I attempt to learn it from a spell tome, but it won't show up on the magic menu anywhere. I've checked in Alteration and I've checked in All and it's in neither menu, yet the game seems to acknowledge that it's there since I get that message about already knowing it when I try to learn it again.

It seems to be invisible for some reason. I've tried removing and adding it back from my character using console commands but it made no difference. I also tried removing it through the console and then buying and using its spell tome to learn it, but it still doesn't show up in the magic menu.

I can equip it using the console, so it's definitely in the game.

Can anyone help? I can't find any other topic about this glitch from searching around (likely because it's so specific).

Also, this is a fairly heavily modded skyrim installation. It has a little over 100 mods, with 2 mods that modify spells: Perkus Maximus and Apocalypse

If needed, I can post a mod list

Edited by Nitrate55

There's only 1 spell with the name "Candlelight", and its console code is 43324. The other light spells have different names. The only mods I have that I know for sure modify spells are Perkus Maximus and Apocalypse

Edited by Nitrate55

Try deactivating Apocalypse and PERMA ,run the game as test, repeat steps when you read the book and check if you have the spell.
Also , start a new game without mentioned mods, and add the spell with console. If its there then you have conflict with magic mods.

Try deactivating Apocalypse and PERMA ,run the game as test, repeat steps when you read the book and check if you have the spell.

Also , start a new game without mentioned mods, and add the spell with console. If its there then you have conflict with magic mods.

But what exactly am I supposed to be do if I find that there's a conflict? I didn't have this problem while playing with these same exact 2 mods on a previous Skyrim installation a year ago. I don't get why it's suddenly happening now

Edited by Nitrate55

But what exactly am I supposed to be do if I find that there's a conflict? I didn't have this problem while playing with these same exact 2 mods on a previous Skyrim installation a year ago. I don't get why it's suddenly happening now

You could at least get your answer to the problem and see if that mod which cause conflict you get an answer from its author to help you, I don't know how this happened I never had that kind of problem it seems frustrating but try to reduce mods that use magic.

You can also try cleaning the save you playing by using the Save Cleaner mod here on nexus.