Mod to replace the appearance (Skyrim SE)?

defox

Is there a mod that allows you to replace the character's appearance, while leaving the original armor statistics?

Something like the division into slots for game statistics and slots for appearance. Either transmogrification or some other way to use a substitution of appearance for any armor found. Is there anything like that? Thanks in advance!

Although for the most part my comment applies to female characters (due to apparent interest among modders for female alternates...as well as many players), racemenu can be used to install alternate bodies (and afaik faces) CBBE bodyslide can be used to replace (and tweak, and fit clothing to) the player body with one of a few dozen types. As well, mods like Manipulator, (I *think that's the name) and some others have features that allow on-demand body replacement (with prestored shells) and *possibly face replacement.

There are *some male replacement shells (bodyslide models), but I'll be honest, I haven't paid too much attention. I think I downloaded one when I first began playing my male character in Earrly June, (he's a bit beefier than I'd like him to be) but I haven't actually installed it (and I"m not on that computer right now so I can't identify it for you)

you could get a start on your search by

a) ensuring that you're on the right "track, ie, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition

b) select the "Mods" tab, then

c) select mod categories

d) review entries under "Body, Face and Hair"

e) review entries under "Character Presets"

f) review entries under "Followers and Companions" (some of these include body slide models that can be used on your own player character)

g) review entries under "Utilities"

You'll likely need to learn quite a few things. Start slow. If you don't already have it installed, I'd recommend Bodyslide for starters. At least if you want to use CBBE bodyslide models. And for UNP UUNP, etc, I don't know. I use CBBE for the most part, because when I started playing last spring, CBBE was all the rage... In for a penny, in for a pound...

Anyway... I believe my male character is UNP or UUNP or whatever it's called. but he's stock. No real mods except what I did to his face in racemenu adjusting eyes, mouth, facial hair, and hair color... My female character doesn't look anything like her Nord female start. Everything's different except her assigned race.

Like all mods, pay close attention to the description (which usually contains instructions for use or at least an outline of what it's about) and requirements tabs if/when you start futzing with Body and face replacement mods. (lighting, skin tone stuff, make up, tats, war paint, muscle tone, etc ) and any others they require, including the skeletons they "wear", etc.

As well, make sure you're downloading the correct type (CBBE, UNP, UUNP, etc) as many of these mods contain multiple flavors in their own download files and the default isn't' always what you expect.

Secondly, avoid using "oldrim" (skyrim before Special edition) models if/when you find them, at least when you're still a newb.. they have a slightly different code format and most won't work with Skyrim SE unless they've been converted, which itself is an entirely different discussion.

edited to adjust a comment and fix a couple misspellings

PS> this is an example of a racemenu preset, that presumably (I've never done it myself) can be used to swap bodies.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27982

And this is Caliente's Beautiful Bodies Enhancer - CBBE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/198

Although for the most part my comment applies to female characters (due to apparent interest among modders for female alternates...as well as many players), racemenu can be used to install alternate bodies (and afaik faces) CBBE bodyslide can be used to replace (and tweak, and fit clothing to) the player body with one of a few dozen types. As well, mods like Manipulator, (I *think that's the name) and some others have features that allow on-demand body replacement (with prestored shells) and *possibly face replacement.

There are *some male replacement shells (bodyslide models), but I'll be honest, I haven't paid too much attention. I think I downloaded one when I first began playing my male character in Earrly June, (he's a bit beefier than I'd like him to be) but I haven't actually installed it (and I"m not on that computer right now so I can't identify it for you)

you could get a start on your search by

a) ensuring that you're on the right "track, ie, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition

b) select the "Mods" tab, then

c) select mod categories

d) review entries under "Body, Face and Hair"

e) review entries under "Character Presets"

f) review entries under "Followers and Companions" (some of these include body slide models that can be used on your own player character)

g) review entries under "Utilities"

You'll likely need to learn quite a few things. Start slow. If you don't already have it installed, I'd recommend Bodyslide for starters. At least if you want to use CBBE bodyslide models. And for UNP UUNP, etc, I don't know. I use CBBE for the most part, because when I started playing last spring, CBBE was all the rage... In for a penny, in for a pound...

Anyway... I believe my male character is UNP or UUNP or whatever it's called. but he's stock. No real mods except what I did to his face in racemenu adjusting eyes, mouth, facial hair, and hair color... My female character doesn't look anything like her Nord female start. Everything's different except her assigned race.

Like all mods, pay close attention to the description (which usually contains instructions for use or at least an outline of what it's about) and requirements tabs if/when you start futzing with Body and face replacement mods. (lighting, skin tone stuff, make up, tats, war paint, muscle tone, etc ) and any others they require, including the skeletons they "wear", etc.

As well, make sure you're downloading the correct type (CBBE, UNP, UUNP, etc) as many of these mods contain multiple flavors in their own download files and the default isn't' always what you expect.

Secondly, avoid using "oldrim" (skyrim before Special edition) models if/when you find them, at least when you're still a newb.. they have a slightly different code format and most won't work with Skyrim SE unless they've been converted, which itself is an entirely different discussion.

edited to adjust a comment and fix a couple misspellings

Thank you for the detailed answer, I gathered a lot of useful information in it, nevertheless, you didn’t quite understand me correctly. I am looking for a mod that can do the following:
There is an allowable armor from a modification, but it has terrible statistics (an indicator of armor, magic effect). And there is standard armor from the game, which has good armor and the desired magic effect. We need a mod that integrates or replaces the armor so as to combine the beautiful appearance of the mod and the excellent features from the standard game. Or a mod in which it will be possible to wear armor from a modification, but it will change the appearance on top of standard armor, leaving the characteristics of standard armor.

Thank you for the detailed answer, I gathered a lot of useful information in it, nevertheless, you didn’t quite understand me correctly. I am looking for a mod that can do the following:

There is an allowable armor from a modification, but it has terrible statistics (an indicator of armor, magic effect). And there is standard armor from the game, which has good armor and the desired magic effect. We need a mod that integrates or replaces the armor so as to combine the beautiful appearance of the mod and the excellent features from the standard game. Or a mod in which it will be possible to wear armor from a modification, but it will change the appearance on top of standard armor, leaving the characteristics of standard armor.

Oh!... well that's an easy one. There's a mod called Lazy Tools that allows you to modify the armor ratings for your player's currently donned armor from its MCM. It has some other neat features as well, (can mod weapons as well for instance) but that's one I use quite often to boost gear that's cool but under powered.
Be sure to check the requirements if you visit the link. For instance, it requires SkyUI to be installed.
Sorry for the rambling post above, as well as my misinterpretation of your query. Hope there were at least some tidbits of useful stuff included though. (and if not... thanks for being diplomatic)

Open Xedit, open mod in question, change stats to those of the armor where the stats are as you prefer, close and save Xedit, open game, Voila!!!

(see, I can be brief, to the point and use simple sentences, if you´ll all excuse me inneed a bath to wash this "simplicity" out..toodles)

Oh!... well that's an easy one. There's a mod called Lazy Tools that allows you to modify the armor ratings for your player's currently donned armor from its MCM. It has some other neat features as well, (can mod weapons as well for instance) but that's one I use quite often to boost gear that's cool but under powered.
Be sure to check the requirements if you visit the link. For instance, it requires SkyUI to be installed.
Sorry for the rambling post above, as well as my misinterpretation of your query. Hope there were at least some tidbits of useful stuff included though. (and if not... thanks for being diplomatic)

Thanks for the answer. I was hoping there would be a more, let's say, honest way, but oh well. I have to edit it myself manually.