[LE] I can't seem to get conditions to work

Yes, every response record needs a corresponding voice files (fuz). Without it, NPCs just don't talk and subtitles disappear instantly, but in rare cases it seems that conversations get stuck.

And try this tool too : Voice File Reference Tool 2

Similar to my tool, but with different concepts and functions. Use them according to your usage.

Remember if (not entirely sure whether your doing this) you copy/duplicate a vanilla line in your own plugin, those voice files will then be stored under your plugin name in Data\Sound\Voice.

Yeah that's right. As far as I understand, the voice file needs to be stored in the folder of the plugin that originally created the record. In other words, if you overwrite the vanilla record with a patch, the folder name will be skyrim.esm or such, and if it is a newly added record, it will be the folder with the patch plugin name.

Remember if (not entirely sure whether your doing this) you copy/duplicate a vanilla line in your own plugin, those voice files will then be stored under your plugin name in Data\Sound\Voice.

I figured as much. But will it be directly inside the plugin (.esp)? Or will it be a loose file inside Skyrim's folder? Like, if someone else would go to download my mod, would that person also have to manually download the voice files?

Yes, every response record needs a corresponding voice files (fuz). Without it, NPCs just don't talk and subtitles disappear instantly, but in rare cases it seems that conversations get stuck.

Similar to my tool, but with different concepts and functions. Use them according to your usage.

Also, will this work with normal Skyrim? The Nexus page only says Skyrim SE and FO4.

Edited by CinderHawk

I figured as much. But will it be directly inside the plugin (.esp)? Or will it be a loose file inside Skyrim's folder? Like, if someone else would go to download my mod, would that person also have to manually download the voice files?

The voice file is placed as a loose file in the Data / Sound / Voice / foobar.esp / folder. You can also put it in your patch's bsa file.

Also, will this work with normal Skyrim? The Nexus page only says Skyrim SE and FO4.

Skyrim LE version here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28462

If you have both LE and SE, both voices are the same and are interchangeable.

You will have to distribute the voice files with your mod for example in the zip file would be:

yourmod.esp

Sounds\Voices\yourmod.esp\voicefiles.....

Damn... Kind of a bummer. But since I have no other choice... Better than nothing. Thanks :)

Skyrim LE version here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28462

If you have both LE and SE, both voices are the same and are interchangeable.

Thank you! I'll start working on it right away!

Also if you just replace a vanilla line with a new recording you have to distribute that in the correct folder.

Here's a number of examples of folders you may have, the final folder is the Voicetype:

Sounds\Voices\Skyrim.esm\MaleEvenToned\

Sounds\Voices\Skyrim.esm\FemaleEvenToned\

Sounds\Voices\MyMod.esp\MaleEvenToned\

Sounds\Voices\MyMod.esp\MyNewVoiceType01\

Sounds\Voices\MyMod.esp\MyNewVoiceType02\

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry for the long wait, I've been super busy the last week. Anyways, I think I figured out what I have to do, and I've already create a new folder for the extra voice files in Data/Sounds/Voices, but I'm not sure which voice files I have to copy. So... Which one?:

pRbjoLC.png

If you don't edit the audio, just copy fuz file. wav means the audio file itself, lip means the lip sync data, and fuz is the file that wav and lip are converted and merged.

The folder is a temporary folder for extract, and the file name is the vanilla file name. Rename if necessary and copy to another folder.

If you want to edit audio, use Audacity to edit the wav and CK to generate lip from wav. You can then convert them to fuz using Unfuzer or Yakitori Audio Converter.