[LE] I can't seem to get conditions to work

Remember new voice files in your custom directory must be named as indicated in the CK dialogue window. This also applies if you are using a vanilla line, you must rename it. Just copying and renaming fuz files may work but sometimes doesn't so you may need to use the wav and lip files. I covered this in a tutorial that you might find useful, its about copying vanilla trainer lines:

Trainer Voices Turorial

BTW the easiest way of making a new voice folder is to get the CK to do it for you - If you have your new line open in the Edit Reponse box, just click on save and the CK will create the correct directory and put a dummy but correctly named wav and lip file in. You can drop your new or copied wav file and lip files (renamed of course) in the folder to overwrite the dummies.

Ok, I did everything correctly (I think), placed the voice files in the folder (in that case Data/Sound/Voice/Translation.esp/MaleUniqueHadvar) and renamed them, but when I try to change said audio file in the CK, it just says it couldn't find the [insert default audio file name here]. Like, I can't edit the name of the file it uses to the one in my mod's folder, I can only click the file directory (which is what gives me the error message). What am I missing?

The audio file name associated with the dialogue response form will be automatically determined by CK using certain rules. You cant rename it on CK window, but you can just rename the actual voice file names only. You need to rename the file to match the file name displayed in the CK window.

The audio file name associated with the dialogue response form will be automatically determined by CK using certain rules. You cant rename it on CK window, but you can just rename the actual voice file names only. You need to rename the file to match the file name displayed in the CK window.

Yeah, problem is, the name CK assigns is exactly like the default audio name I copied from the main .esm. And if I just leave it at that, the dialogue just won't play out. You managed to do that, right? Could you please post some screenshots of how you set up stuff? Like voice file names, folde locations and how stuff is in the CK and etc.

YCXmdkQ.png

Did you try clicking SAVE so the CK will create dummy wav and lip and the overwrite with your own versions?

If you mean saving the .esp in File > Save, then yes, I did. But if you mean that save:

PIFaFjj.png

Then I'm out of luck, because the option is greyed out.

OH WAIT, IT WORKED!!!!!!

Apparently it was just a typo in the folder name, but I fixed it and now everything is working as intended! AWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Thank you guys so much for the patience! I can FINALLY start making some real progress right now. Seriously, I couldn't have done this without your help. Your name will definetely be in the credits (once I finish this, some day). Again, thank you! <3 <3 <3