How do I clean Dawnguard.esm with SSEEdit?

MajinnFranky

Cleaning files is a precaution, not a necessity. I remember some years ago when the ability to clean files first came out that Gopher quite clearly stated in his tutorial that the only reason that he cleaned ITMs was to save space.

As Algabar stated it is good practice but it is not really necessary. Although imo the more mods you have the wiser you would be to clean UDRs in Update.esm and the DLCs, the ITMs you can quite safely leave unless you need the space.

As far as wild edits go what is never stated is that those same wild edits have been in those files since the game first came out and can safely be ignored unless you feel like removing them, it certainly does no harm.

• 9 months later...

I am unsure if this is a common thing that happens among the skyrim community, but this is a most unusual predicament that has happened to me. It all began after I installed the Skyrim Creation Club program and based it in the Skyrim SE folder located within Steamapps. All of my current save are corrupted, and say they cannot be loaded. Stranger still, text comes onto the screen saying my Dragonborn has learned all three shouts to the "Drain Vitality" shout all over again, along with other text in the upper left corner such as "EBT loading", "Setting up Closing time", "Assault has begin!", and others. I wonder if this is a side effect of installing the Skyrim Creation Club or not. I have verified the game cache time and again, and steam says, "All files successfully validated." On the main menu screen of Skyrim SE, there is not text nor image that says "save corrupt". If I recall correctly, I've had this problem before, and the only way to solve it was to load an earlier save. Unfortunately for me, ALL of my saves are corrupted. I've read somewhere that this may have something to do with the Dawnguard, so I am going to assume that things like this have a tendency to glitch by themselves. Can anyone help?

All I can do is offer this link to a March 2019 Masters cleaning guide

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/875/

dawnguard gets cleaned using the quick clean method and then requires a manual cleaning op using SSEDIT

All the details are included in that doc.

IFF the guide is still valid for 1.5.97

noob question about cleaning masters, i am using cutting room floor by arthmoor will that affect the mod if i clean masters?

I'd recommend that you ask Arthmoor in the cutting room floor mod page posts tab

• 1 year later...

Hi, I don't know if you have figured out the process but I made a small guide based on my hours of searching the web. I am using Vortex btw.

a. Extract folder anywhere
b. Add sseedit and autoclean through vortex vial add tools
c. Run autoclean on update.esm then close
d. Run autoclean on dawnguard then close
e. Run sseedit on dawnguard then click on dawnguard
f. Navigate to CELL:
Block 5 > Sub-block 3 > RiftenRaggedFlagon > Delete hanging file
Block 2 > Sub-block 1 >Delete CWGuardTemplates
Block 8 > Sub-block 1 > Delete all then close and save
g. Run autoclean on hearthfire.esm
h. Run autoclean on dragonborn.esm
DONE