GhostHost8

I have both files for immersive jewelry (1.05 and 1.06) and although the jewelry shows up in smithing and I am able to craft it, if I equip any jewelry that wasn't already in the base game it does not show up on my character. There are NO purple textures/other texture issues- the jewelry straight up will not show up. When I asked in the comments how to fix it, they said to merge 1.05 and 1.06 together.

I don't know how to do that

I am at my wits end- I have been googling this for several days but the closest I could find to actual mod merging that didn't require having a good understanding of how to alter mod files was MergePlugins, however when I go into it to look at the plugins there is only one for immersive jewelry despite both files being enabled, and it looks like the mods are different from plugins. I don't know what to do and I am confused by all the different applications for altering mods and do not want to mess up my mod files. I am REALLY not good at this and I would like some help. :/

I am using vortex to manage my mods.

TLDR: need to merge two seperate aspects of one mod together, dont know how to do that, need help

What mod manager are you using? For this kind of mod update, you simply have to install 1.05 and then overwrite with the 1.06a files. You don't need to use Merge Plugins for this.

In Mod Organizer, you'd install it and select "Merge" instead of "Replace". In NMM, you'd say "Yes" to Update. I don't know about Vortex.

If you're installing manually, then be sure to put it in the right directory. The update is packaged slightly differently from the main file, so you have to extract it directly to the Data directory.

As a general rule of thumb, BSA, ESM, ESP and ESL files go in the Data directory. There shouldn't be any of those files in your Skyrim (or Skyrim Special Edition) root directory.

Edit: I just noticed that you said you were using Vortex.

Edited by Grospolina

What mod manager are you using? For this kind of mod update, you simply have to install 1.05 and then overwrite with the 1.06a files. You don't need to use Merge Plugins for this.

In Mod Organizer, you'd install it and select "Merge" instead of "Replace". In NMM, you'd say "Yes" to Update. I don't know about Vortex.

If you're installing manually, then be sure to put it in the right directory. The update is packaged slightly differently from the main file, so you have to extract it directly to the Data directory.

As a general rule of thumb, BSA, ESM, ESP and ESL files go in the Data directory. There shouldn't be any of those files in your Skyrim (or Skyrim Special Edition) root directory.

yeah its vortex and there's no merge button as far as i can tell. right now 1.05 is overwritten by 1.06, but idk how to merge them

As Grospolina already said: You don't MERGE mods in this case, you simply UPDATE a mod. Merging means combining the .esp plugin files of several mods into one single plugin. The main reason to do this is saving plugin slots. It is done with a program named "Merge plugins" - and requires some caution.

In your case (a simple update), there's no need to merge anything. You just install V.1.05. Then you install V.106. If prompted, let V.106 overwrite 1.05 ("load after" in Vortex). That's it. Since you already did that, you're done.

Technically two things can happen when updating a mod: If the update contains files, that weren't there in the previous version, they are simply added. If the update contains newer versions of files, that already existed in the previous version, these older versions should be overwritten. That's why you should tell Vortex to "load" the new version "after" the old one. Vortex then replaces the older version with the current one. And that's it. No need for further action. :geek:

yeah its vortex and there's no merge button as far as i can tell. right now 1.05 is overwritten by 1.06, but idk how to merge them

As Grospolina already said: You don't MERGE mods in this case, you simply UPDATE a mod. Merging means combining the .esp plugin files of several mods into one single plugin. The main reason to do this is saving plugin slots. It is done with a program named "Merge plugins" - and requires some caution.

In your case (a simple update), there's no need to merge anything. You just install V.1.05. Then you install V.106. If prompted, let V.106 overwrite 1.05 ("load after" in Vortex). That's it. Since you already did that, you're done.

Technically two things can happen when updating a mod: If the update contains files, that weren't there in the previous version, they are simply added. If the update contains newer versions of files, that already existed in the previous version, these older versions should be overwritten. That's why you should tell Vortex to "load" the new version "after" the old one. Vortex then replaces the older version with the current one. And that's it. No need for further action. :geek:

I do have the new version loaded after the old version. Now the mod maker is saying that the mod manager should have automatically combined them but the pieces still wont show up

I installed Vortex to see how it works, and I got the mod working. Vortex doesn't allow you to merge the mods into one folder, but this isn't a problem. You have to enable both mods and make a rule to load 1.06 after 1.05. Like this:

Load - Immersive Jewelry 1.06 - after (suggested) - Immersive Jewelry SSE 1.05 - Only this version

Also, here are some troubleshooting steps:

• Be sure to fix any warnings that appear in the upper-right corner in Vortex.
  • Make sure that 1.05 works by itself. 1.06 is just minor fixes anyway. Disable 1.06 and see if it works in game.
  • Try reinstallng 1.05.
  • If the items are in the game but are invisible, check that the meshes exist. After deploying, look in your Skyrim Special Edition directory. Under, Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes, there should be directories called aatj, AdditionalAmulets and LycEngagementrings, among others.
  • If the above directories don't exist, then there's a probably a problem with permissions. Make sure that Skyrim (or any modded game) is not installed in the default location C:\Program Files (x86). Make a new SteamLibrary on a different drive and move the game there. Also change the mod folder (Settings -> Mods -> Mod Staging Folder) to be on the same drive. Vortex will automatically move the files for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Vortex to see how it works, and I got the mod working. Vortex doesn't allow you to merge the mods into one folder, but this isn't a problem. You have to enable both mods and make a rule to load 1.06 after 1.05. Like this:

Load - Immersive Jewelry 1.06 - after (suggested) - Immersive Jewelry SSE 1.05 - Only this version

Also, here are some troubleshooting steps:

• Be sure to fix any warnings that appear in the upper-right corner in Vortex.
  • Make sure that 1.05 works by itself. 1.06 is just minor fixes anyway. Disable 1.06 and see if it works in game.
  • Try reinstallng 1.05.
  • If the items are in the game but are invisible, check that the meshes exist. After deploying, look in your Skyrim Special Edition directory. Under, Skyrim Special Edition\data\meshes, there should be directories called aatj, AdditionalAmulets and LycEngagementrings, among others.
  • If the above directories don't exist, then there's a probably a problem with permissions. Make sure that Skyrim (or any modded game) is not installed in the default location C:\Program Files (x86). Make a new SteamLibrary on a different drive and move the game there. Also change the mod folder (Settings -> Mods -> Mod Staging Folder) to be on the same drive. Vortex will automatically move the files for you.

okay ill retry it. thank you!