Drinking gives the player bottles

Sirkobalt

Hello everybody!

So, I was looking through the good ol' nexus for a little bit more immersion, adding empty alcohol bottles to the player's inventory upon drinking, and the only mod I found that did this (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25879) does just that, it even changes the empty bottles weight to be more realistic and adds new models for the alcohol varieties that don't have an empty one, although they still have the cork on, but allegedly is pretty buggy, causes save bloating, and the author himself stated that he moved away from skyrim modding, so I don't exactly trust his mod.

I don't know how big a task it is to do this, and my pc is a little too potato to dare try modding myself, so I wanted to humbly request for anyone interested to take a bit of their free time to give this a shot.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sirkobalt

The mod uses a simple magic effect (most likely added to the drinks themselves) that runs this script code

MiscObject Property EmptyBottle  Auto  

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
        Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(EmptyBottle)
EndEvent

The problem people are encountering with empty bottles appearing even when not drinking and possibly leading to save bloat (tho I'm skeptical on that one) is that the act of drinking gives an empty bottle directly to the player. It does not give it to the one who drank or check if the one who drank was the player before giving the bottle. Thus every NPC that drinks something ends up giving the player a bottle.

Assuming that the "caster" is the one who would be drinking the bottle then a simple adjustment to the script should solve the bulk of the issues.

MiscObject Property EmptyBottle  Auto  

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
  if akCaster == Game.GetPlayer()
        akCaster.AddItem(EmptyBottle)
  EndIf
EndEvent

And if the one who drinks is actually the "target" then swapping akCaster out for akTarget would do the job.

A little editing, recompiling and testing and one could have this mod "fixed up" for personal use. I cannot do it as the game let alone the Creation Kit isn't even installed at this time. Nor do I have the desire to deal with obtaining permission to "improve the mod" as is required by the permissions section of the mod in question.