Using assets from one mod in another mod

Seralyn

Guys, I'm at my wit's end. I've been scouring the interwebs for the answer to this question, and I can even find references to this question being asked (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1865940-using-assets-from-other-esp-in-my-own/) for example. (The title of that post is exactly what I'm trying to do, but it seems the OP of that post actually meant "how to merge mods" not, how to utilize assets from one in another. Either way, that post has a super helpful person listing three resources that explain how to handle that, however it's from 2014 and none of those links work anymore. I'm not asking for anyone to explain this to me, I'm just asking for someone to point me in the direction of a page where I can teach myself how to do it.

I'm making a personal, non-distributed mod where I've made a questline, some new buildings and NPCs and I want my mod to culminate in getting a playable Snow Elf follower. The problem is that I want to use this mod's (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75756/?) (or https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30175) character model (just the model) for my custom follower without loading up all of the other stuff in that mod. Please, oh please, show me where I can learn how to do that. The official SCK tutorial site doesn't seem to touch on this either, unless I'm majorly overlooking something or lack the proper vocabulary to define my issue.

Any suggestions on how to learn how to do this?

Provided you are on Oldrim, if it's only for personal use, you can just download that follower mod, extract the facegeom and facetint files, and then Nifmerge it to a follower npc you made in your own mod. As far as I can tell that snow elf follower does not use custom tri files so you can make it any race you like. You could of course set up a custom snow elf race for it as well.

However, you will need to open the snow elf follower's esp in the CK to check the weight and facetint it was given by the original author, and make sure to set them the same in your own mod to avoid neck seam/mismatch. After nifmerging you will also need to use Nifscope to correct texture paths for the head parts.

Happy modding.

Provided you are on Oldrim, if it's only for personal use, you can just download that follower mod, extract the facegeom and facetint files, and then Nifmerge it to a follower npc you made in your own mod. As far as I can tell that snow elf follower does not use custom tri files so you can make it any race you like. You could of course set up a custom snow elf race for it as well.

However, you will need to open the snow elf follower's esp in the CK to check the weight and facetint it was given by the original author, and make sure to set them the same in your own mod to avoid neck seam/mismatch. After nifmerging you will also need to use Nifscope to correct texture paths for the head parts.

Happy modding.

Even having the right nouns and verbs to search with makes all the difference. I don't know what most of that means, but I now have a way to look it up on my own. Much appreciated!