Explosions that push player/damage player

antstubell

Just type explosion in the filter and you'll get all of the explosions.

Right at the top is AlduinFirestormImpactExplsion. That has both force and damage. You'll see the magnitudes in the form once you open it. After that, explosions like crDragonTailExplosion exert 100 force but only do 2 damage. I noticed that the dragon tail explosion also has the enchantment EnchStagger allocated to it, which fits. Every time one of those darned pesky dragons thumps its tail the camera goes all over the place and my character is staggered. Atronach explosions, DLC flaming spider explosions and the like also do a combination of force and damage. Really, as you said, there are too many to list. I just found those by typing 'explosion' and checking likely candidates.

If you want to make a new one, just duplicate one of these, re-name it and add your own parameters. That way you can pick your own sounds and visual effects.

With Alduin as a bit of a guide, I'd guess 200 force is high. Damage is self-explanatory. 2 damage to the player is negligible unless they're level 1. There's nothing to stop you setting damage at 200 or even making 5 explosions, so that they are levelled, so play the 'MyExplosion01' doing 10 damage to players at very low level and 'MyExplosion06' doing 150 damage to players (or whatever else you want) at very high level.

I've never tinkered with explosions before, other than to re-colour the visual effects, so I'm guessing that these figures translate into in-game experience for the player: the dragon tail stagger effect seems to confirm this. The radius field is the radius that affects the player/NPCs. The ISradius is the radius in which the visual effect is seen, normally higher than the radius, which makes sense... you wouldn't want to be knocked back by something you couldn't see.

Hope this helps.