Modpatcher

dreadylein

BalanceMods_Hard=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0,iCritHit=0, iAim=0, iDefense=0,iHP=1,iMobility=0,iWill=0)

BalanceMods_Classic=(eType=eChar_Soldier, iDamage=0,iCritHit=0, iAim=0, iDefense=0,iHP=1, iMobility=0,iWill=0)

Here they are, the iHP=1

This read -1 and -2 before

In the game files "HARD" is actual the final games Classic Difficulty

and...

"Classic" is actually the Impossible difficulty in the final game.

(confusing i know, but at some point in time the devs must've switched naming conventions).

But if you want to alter the games "Classic Difficulty" then you need to modify the parts relating to "Hard" in the files.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip: for private testing like this, I recommend using Dropbox. You can very easily display the public link to the file, people can immediately download w/ no issues. It won't show download counts, of course, but it's a lot less frustrating for people than navigating some of those file hosts.

i absolutly agree with you, dropbox would be far better, but the counter was crucial at this point as i wanted to chop down the testing to a bare minimum :/ only way to do this was having an overview about the downloads, but if you can suggest a better hoster feel free to do so :)

Thanks, this is pretty awesome. :D

One quibble:

For the love of baby jesus, can you please use dropbox or google code to host the file?

EDIT: Google Code can track number of downloads in addition to providing version control through subversion (if you choose to use that feature). You don't actually have to use the source section at all, but it would behoove you to do so. ;)

TL;DR: Dropbox is the #1 choice for pure hosting and ease of updating (the new version would have the same download link as the old one), but Google Code has a lot of features you may like.

Edited by Daemonjax