Modpatcher

dreadylein

I second google code if you are interested in maintaining download counts. :)

I've used it extensively for ASIS and SkyProc hosting, the former a java application that works with Skyrim's game data, and the latter the library used to interact with the data (and make it usable). If you aren't interested in uploading source, it's easy to use the download counters, but it's also a convenient place to point people when they want to look at the source (which is good to show the program is harmless). You can license code under various licenses, so no worries on people nabbing the code (well, at least legally nabbing it).

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance of us getting a version that does not do things automatically? I prefer to make a manual copy of the executable, move it to the work folder with the patcher, run it there, and then move it back afterwards. I know I am paranoid, but I caught it the hard way. Before I install a patch from any game company, I have to backup the entire game folder. It may be a royal pain, but it has saved me from far too many bad patches (like the first couple with XCOM).

Also, is there any chance of getting DefaultEngine, DefaultGame, and DefaultMaps (all INIs) added (if present) to the injecting?

Cheers!

@KMA get version 0.1

copy your binarie and the patcher in the same directory

it will yield a new binarie in the same folder xcom-modded.exe

Thats what you asked for right ? :)

No dont plan to add them atm

They arent put into the binarie datastream so it isnt the job of this application

maybe later

@plutoman hope i will find some time soon :/ , the source .. well it isnt about the license or any form of copyright atm :P

tbh its damn easy :D anyone how is intresstet in the actual patching code can just drop me a message ;)

the patcher code himself .. well more grown then planed and damn ugly :D

the source .. well it isnt about the license or any form of copyright atm :P

tbh its damn easy :D anyone how is intresstet in the actual patching code can just drop me a message ;)

the patcher code himself .. well more grown then planed and damn ugly :D

Meh all code gets ugly fast. Put it on github (my personal preference, but it's whatever) or google code and I'd love to play with it if I have the time. Personally I'm embarrassed of all the code I've ever written and people tell me it's great pretty consistently (They must be lying >_>). Of course you don't have to, but it never does more harm than good.

I just finished playing classic/ironman and now I really want to build it into the x-com that I want to play next, so keep up all the good work!

Hi,

So i'm going through the DefaultCoreGame.mod file and am sort of understanding whats going on. But I had this thought; what if someone were to go through it and organize it a little bit more with ;notes so that modding 'noobs' (such as myself) can clearly see what the in game affect of the change may be?

If someone were to go through this and make those changes and upload it to the XCOM Nexus I would be so inclined to donate a monetary amount toward them?

On a side note the Second Wave options; are they part of the game originally? Or are they modded into the original Balance Mod?

Thanks

XD