Compiled list of DefaultGameCore.ini settings and their funtions

Xionanx

been looking in the compiled scripts,is there any lines in there to promote just one soldier in the starting mission (not hired thru barracks) into a colonel??it can be done with xp level tho,but i think that counts when we finished the starter mission and can get the modified xp level all the way thru colonel...

am i missing any lines?or i can use the balancedmods to modified just one soldier out of four in the starter mission?

Balancemods or anything in the ini for that matter cannot be used to modify individual soldiers. You can only modify soldiers as a whole or their progression.

Individual soldier modification would require a save game editor.

i see...then is there any lines that separates between soldiers stats on the barracks and on the starter??or they do counts as a whole group inside the scripts as well?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having trouble with this arcthrower thing from the first page. For some reason I either did not understand something or just made a mistake I can't find.

Archthrowers line would be this (also found from the first page)

Weapons=iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_None,Properties[1]=eWP_NoReload,Properties[2]=eWP_CantReact,Properties[3]=eWP_Secondary,Properties[4]=eWP_Backpack,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=0,iEnvironmentDamage=0,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=200,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

Now I understood I that this could be edited so that I could use it as a regular pistol with bonus ability instead the normal pistols and I did make everything else work but that. It still is able to fire only from very close range and has just 2 shots (the ones with the stun) so I really just made it a pistol slot item but it works like the above regular arcthrower. My version was something like the one below:

Weapons=iType=eItem_ArcThrower,ABILITIES[0]=eAbility_ShotStun,ABILITIES[1]=eAbility_ShotStandard,ABILITIES[2]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[3]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[4]=eAbility_NONE,ABILITIES[5]=eAbility_NONE,Properties[0]=eWP_None,Properties[1]=eWP_Unlimited Ammo,Properties[2]=eWP_None,Properties[3]=eWP_Secondary,Properties[4]=eWP_Pistol,Properties[5]=eWP_None,iDamage=3,iEnvironmentDamage=10,iRange=27,iReactionRange=-1,iReactionAngle=200,iRadius=0,iCritical=0,iOffenseBonus=0,iSuppression=0,iSize=eItemSize_Small,iHPBonus=0,iWillBonus=0)

Now what did I do wrong? I can't seem to figure it out...

Hi all XCOM fans, that's my first post, but I read this forum from the beginning :)

I have a question about bonus defense provides by covers . Is it possible to change values partial/full covers? Now it's 20 for partial and 40 for full. I want 40/60, but not only for my soldiers but aliens too. Sorry for my english, it's not well.

Hi all XCOM fans, that's my first post, but I read this forum from the beginning :)

I have a question about bonus defense provides by covers . Is it possible to change values partial/full covers? Now it's 20 for partial and 40 for full. I want 40/60, but not only for my soldiers but aliens too. Sorry for my english, it's not well.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

AFAIK, the only way to chane the 20/40 is to modify the base game script itself. There's an entire thread about analysis of the game scripts, and DaemonJax is working on R&D to overcome our biggest obstacle.

Edited by Beknatok

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

AFAIK, the only way to chane the 20/40 is to modify the base game script itself. There's an entire thread about analysis of the game scripts, and DaemonJax is working on R&D to overcome our biggest obstacle.

that's what I mean, thanks a lot :)

iSmallItems = This is the number os "Small" item slots the armor has. Increasing this number adds addtional backpack slots, however it seems that making it THREE or greater breaks the ability to add items to the backpack during loadout.

You CAN add more than 3 slots, however the game UI hasn't added a "slider" for this part of the inventory. To get around the limitation you can move the mouse (or cursor) away and use the keyboard (arrow keys or W,A,S,D) and the spacebar or enter keys to navigate and select items. You won't be able to see them, but you CAN equip items in this way. The number of items per soldier is still in effect however, so you can still only equip 1 x medkits, scopes, underarmor's or arcthrower's but you can have as many grenades as you like

Psi XP Levels (NONE, 1, 2, 3, Volunteer) - Psi XP Levels are the XP required to reach each "Rank" of Psi Abilities. None and Rank 1 require 0 Psi XP for obvious reasons, and rank "Volunteer" has what appears to be a setting meant to prevent anyone from ever getting that much Psi XP. I'm guessing thats because there are only 3 RANKS built into the game, and getting a 4th rank would somehow break the game.

m_iPsiXPLevels=0

m_iPsiXPLevels=0

m_iPsiXPLevels=50

m_iPsiXPLevels=120

m_iPsiXPLevels=10000000

Perhaps the last level is assigned simply for gaining entry into the Gallop Chamber? As you must "select" a soldier to perform the task (i.e. the "volunteer" who enters)

Tactical constants - I believe the Tactical Constants section is the BASE materials you'll get from killing one of these units, however I have not tested it out.

CYBERDISC_ELERIUM=4

HFLOATER_ELERIUM=2

DRONE_ELERIUM=2

SECTOPOD_ELERIUM=10

CYBERDISC_ALLOYS=8

HFLOATER_ALLOYS=4

DRONE_ALLOYS=4

SECTOPOD_ALLOYS=15

Confirmed! ... Adding a zero to the end of these means you'll be swimming in alien alloys in no time.

Quick question...I wasn't able to properly research because I'm on my phone, but I'm trying to figure out how to make the modifications actually work. I didn't want to change anything except funding, but just saving the changes you make in the file don't transfer over into the game. Any help would be awesome, haha. :)

I'm new to the modding community, but this sure has been really helpful. But i do have a question. I'd like to increase the amount of aliens i encounter in normal and easy where would i look to find these ID's. Or are they in a script thats not accesible to us yet.

nice work, thanks so much. I'll try not to break my game.

Quick question...I wasn't able to properly research because I'm on my phone, but I'm trying to figure out how to make the modifications actually work. I didn't want to change anything except funding, but just saving the changes you make in the file don't transfer over into the game. Any help would be awesome, haha. :)

You need to modify the xcomgame.exe file... using the resource hacker...