The flamer's "Torch" and other "new" abilities

PepprmintButler

It would be awesome if you could add torch and aim as psychic abilities (I don't know whether it is possible to mod the amount of max abilities you can have for a class or psychic, or to replace existing powers, or whether that is hardcoded).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, some of these might be ground work for future DLC with the exception of the flamethrower since fire doesn't do any damage.

Although the flashbang.upk looked like it referenced some kind of mesh that wasn't there among other values, or I'm mistaken (I'm not exactly "code savvy"). Although... all these incomplete files may mean we might have a chance at inserting some of our own stuff by customizing the incomplete code.

[edit]

I like the aim ability, reminds me of Jagged Allaince 2 where you either did a snapshot or a focused shot.

Kinda explains why the aim chance is so low often (doesn't explain me missing with 98% and aliens hitting with 2%)

[edit2]

When I tried out the give all tech command, it looked like their were two more weapons projects. They had no details, but they may be one of the eability values.

Edited by Tayot84

You know, some of these might be ground work for future DLC with the exception of the flamethrower since fire doesn't do any damage.

Although the flashbang.upk looked like it referenced some kind of mesh that wasn't there among other values, or I'm mistaken (I'm not exactly "code savvy"). Although... all these incomplete files may mean we might have a chance at inserting some of our own stuff by customizing the incomplete code.

More likely, this is legacy code from dev versions. Things like the flamethrower and flashbangs were (half-)implemented at some point, but were cut out of the retail version. We could be able to put them back in through modding provided they are complete enough and can be referenced meaningfully in the scripts.

IIRC, the present-but-not-used items are : flamethrower, flshbang, proximity mine, laser designator ("target painter").

When I tried out the give all tech command, it looked like their were two more weapons projects. They had no details, but they may be one of the eability values.

I have trouble following here, but if I understand correctly that sounds promising. I'll try it out to see if we can get something out of that...

Since you guys figured out how to swap abilities for soldier classes, cant you try out the same with weapons and their abilities with the newly found abilities

i.e. rocket launcher fire is now replaced with torch, so the launcher fires flames

If I'm wrong please don't write a paragraph about it, like I've said "not code savvy"

More of a 3D guy and scripter...

While rooting about in the .upks it occured to me that assigning Snap Shot to everybody might be a good way to get the 'accurate when still, penalty when moving' behaviour. I saw the function that deals with it and I don't think it would work differently with weapons that can normally be fired on the first turn:

simulated function bool SnapShotPerkAvailable()
{
// End:0x49 Loop:False
if(GetCharacter().HasUpgrade(16) && (m_iMovesActionsPerformed == 0) && (m_iFireActionsPerformed == 0))
{
	return true;
}
return false;
}

Edited by ZantarV