The flamer's "Torch" and other "new" abilities

PepprmintButler

Are we ? I was saying, we can change the default properties of XComDamageType_AreaBurn

defaultproperties
{
       bDamageUnits=false
       DamagedFFWaveform=ForceFeedbackWaveform0
       KilledFFWaveform=ForceFeedbackWaveform1
}

I did change that false into a true.

If that's not it, what was it you were talking about ? (sorry if I'm being thick)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Eliot can explain to us how the jump byte actually works (I'm looking at you, function CanBeSold).

Figuring the offset was a nightmare and yet so simple. Basically the offset is in bytes but for every occurrence of an object index/pointer it counts as an additional 4 bytes, so 64bit basically.

So with EliotVU's awesome help there are some advances that can be made again re:flamethrower.

Now that I can do full text searches (weeee - see EliotVU's UE Explorer v1.2 thread) I found plenty of references to the flamethrower which make me think we may actually be able to mod it back into the game, not just the Torch function.

XGGameData has eItem_FlamerThrower, eXGCursor_Flamethrower and eLoadout_FlameThrower in its Enums

GXTacticalScreenManager has eImage_Flamethrower and eInventoryImage_FlameThrower

Then there's this :

function Burn(XGVolume kVolume)
{
AddVolume(kVolume);
m_kPawn.TakeDirectDamage(class'XComDamageType'.static.CreateEvent(2, kVolume.m_kInstigator, kVolume.m_vCenter, vect(0.00, 0.00, 0.00), class'XComDamageType_Flame', kVolume));
}

There's also a desciption array in xcomcontentmanager that bears some promise :

WeaponPackageInfo(46)=(ItemType=EItemType.eItem_Shotgun,ArchetypeName="Weapon_Shotgun.GD_Shotgun")

(there's also a line for "flashbang" BTW)

I'll try doing a switch of the eItem_ on one of those lines and see what happens ? If I can manage the bytecode... (which seems unlikely since this in in defaultproperties, which is massive and undecypherable by mere humans)

Edited by PepprmintButler

XGGameData has eItem_FlamerThrower, eXGCursor_Flamethrower and eLoadout_FlameThrower in its Enums

GXTacticalScreenManager has eImage_Flamethrower and eInventoryImage_FlameThrower

Found

video yesterday. Around 2:15 there are some weapons shown on a display including one, that could be the flamethrower.

http://i.imgur.com/IIZHC.png?1

Never saw such model in the game.

Noticed every weapon has a file in CookedPCConsole directory and a reference in XComGame.upk - XComContentManager class and own XGWeapon class.

Weapon_LaserSniperRifle_SF.upk

WeaponPackageInfo(22)=(ItemType=EItemType.eItem_LaserSniperRifle,ArchetypeName="Weapon_LaserSniperRifle.GD_LaserSniperRifle")

There are also armor kits for weapons we need 2 hands to hold them.

So I would expect to find Weapon_Flamethrower_SF.upk somewhere but had no luck.

But Weapon_FlashBang_SF.upk is there waiting for you! Wondering what the mechanic could be - blind aliens and then melt their faces?

Hi everyone

Found these while i was digging through some of the upks etc. Thought they might be of interest.

There was also a few other inventory images (didn't find any models) that would explain a few of the eAbilities

eAbility_MotionDetector - My guess would be this was replaced by the alien sound direction indicator in game

eAbility_ShotPaintTarget - The target painter looks like a laser guidance system used for airstrikes (how cool would that be)

eAbility_ShotPaintDefense

eVolume_Proximity - to do with proximity mine i guess

As a side note and since i haven't seen any documentation for it, BlasterBombSpeed=500.0f at the bottom of DefaultGameCore.ini seem to simply adjust the speed of the homing projectile fired from the blaster launcher. I changed it to 1000.0f and it did speed up.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
So, has there been any more progress on this front, regarding Torch? The one major problem I had with it, besides not being able to damage anything with it, is that laser weapons cause it to drop the flames right in front of the soldier using the ability. Thought it was a one-off thing at first, but when I had someone with no obstructions around try, the laser shot off, clipped right through a bunch of stuff(slowing down the game for a bit, because it decided to render the laser across the entire map, and presumably tried to track the projectile even when it went past it.) Edited by FlyingHigh10000000

• 4 weeks later...
Those are some interesting abilities. I've been learning how to edit the perk trees, and was thinking that Command would work well as a Support perk and Aim might be neat too, but I realized I have any idea how one make an ability into a perk. Do you know if anyone has figured out how that might be done, or at least the pertinent areas of the UPK?