upon loading save most mods bisabled for the frist seconds(or something like that)

BeatBeatPunk

so hey its me again, just started my playtrhough when in the middle of it this wierd bug happend.

when i first start a save file (new game) and get out of the char creator normally a bunch of notifications pop up telling me that xxx mod was installed. thats fine and alright, just how its supposed to work... but when i load any save file from this new game or old game these notifications pop up again, meaning that everytime i load the game no matter if i played that file for 30d or 2min it will have to reinstall the mods... that wouldn't be such a large problem if it wasnt for the fact that Start me up, and other such mods dont work because of that (and also that my beautiful character turns into a skinhead demon with no eyes)

and I know that might sound sexy to some people but that doesn't apply to me.

any suggestions are apreciated. i will also try to provide files and such if asked for.

thank you very much and have a merry x-mas season

also I might have almost 400 mods -oop

Edited by BeatBeatPunk

Heyas BBPunk. whoooooo boy, this sounds like a royal mess. I'm really sorry to be reading about this.

My very first thought, is to ask you if you're playing with the most recent version of the game, or whether you rolled back after the update.

My second thought, is to ask you, if you did roll back, are these all mods that you've updated since the new version of the game came out.

Here's why I'm wondering. Bethesda changed the way that the game reads the file headers, so as to allow more ESL files to be loaded. So they can sell more of the Creation Club Calamity.

This affected all mods. They also changed the Ck, to conform with the new header system.

In essence, any older mods that are played on the new game, might not work. Or work right.

Any new mods made with the new CK, will not work on an older version of the game correctly, if at all.

So we now have Version incompatibility to go along with load order incompatibility.

I'll wait to hear back from you, before I try to figure out anything else.

PS. I've had characters that had no eyes. You're right, that is NOT a pretty sight. (Pun intended).

1. i did not roll back my gmae version

2.these mods worked but suddenly didn't

3. after my last escapade i tried to get as many mods up to date as possible (including the loverslab kind of mods)

4.nice pun

5.sry if the No. sound a bit snarky, but i just want to list info as efficently as possible.

Ok, so you're running the most recent release, have tried to update as many mods as possible, and are running +/- 400 mods.

I'd start by deactivating as many of the ESL mods as possible, when you're starting the new game. Those are the mods that the latest version of the game hits the hardest.

You really shouldnt be starting a new game with anything but the bare essential of mods for the character creation, or getting thru the vault. (In your case, it's your alternate start).

I'd also look at what mods you've installed right before the problem started. Or any other changes that you've made to your game, as far as ini settings, and whatnot.

Basically some reason, you're scripts aren't firing off correctly. And it's causing issues. WIth as many mods as you have, it's gonna be really tough to figure out which ones conflict. Especially with the recent game update, and so many of them running off the old system, combined with those that are running under the new system.

5) LOL no problem, no offense was taken ;)

The next source of conflict after ESL files, I would look at older version mods that use vanilla assets or references from the Fallout4.esm or Fallout4 - Interface.ba2 files, since those were also modified by the new update.

Not gonna lie. This could be some work. Bethesda really bent us over without any lube this time around.

Ok sorry to double post, but I was just looking around at SKK's mods, and I came across the fast start mod of his and was reading through it.

As the mod author, he's even suggesting not to run CC content while doing the whole character start. And gives an explanation of what goes on during his mod, and how other mods can conflict. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/1038

Tho granted, it's a tad above my head. Mostly intended for other mod authors, I think.

But I do know that mods like the RU556, Cheat Terminal, Amazing Follower Tweaks, just to name a few of the ones that I use, have scripts that fire during those first game sequences.

Ok, there's been some new news. And it isn't good.

Steam can now change our game files while the game is active and running. Meaning that the game can run fine, until the next time you start it up, and then the mods will clash again.

You're gonna have to download the latest Creation Kit build from steam. Then run every one of your mods through it, while having the latest game release. Then save them again, from the CK. That'll update them to the new header system. There might be a bit more to it than that, I haven't had time to check into it. But yeah. That's the only way, is to manually update all the older mods to the new system.

Also hearing that looksmenu hasn't updated to match the latest version of f4se yet too. So there's also that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(