Unable to Add Games / Missing Supported Tab

Sierra051
Go to solution Solved by AugustaCalidia,

Hello!

I am currently on Vortex 1.15, Windows 10 x64.

In vortex I am unable to add supported games to manage, as the "Supported" tab shown in the guide is missing. I am trying to add mods for Halo: MCC, but it does not show up under "Managed" or "Unmanaged", and with the missing "Supported" tab, I am unable to install mods. Attached is a screenshot :

I have tried scanning for games using the "Quick" mode, but the response I get is "No new games found", and using the "Full" mode has no response.

Please Advise. Thank you.

• Solution

There is not a separate "Supported" tab. Supported games include "Managed" and "Unmanaged" exclusively.

Halo:MCC is not supported by Vortex and therefore not included in the "Unmanaged" group.

Edited by AugustaCalidia

There is not a separate "Supported" tab. Supported games include "Managed" and "Unmanaged" exclusively.

Halo:MCC is not supported by Vortex and therefore not included in the "Unmanaged" group.

Alright. Thanks for the info. This means that the guide for vortex at https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Adding_a_new_game_to_Vortex needs to be updated?

• 2 months later...

Have you resolved this issue yet? The Extinction mod just came out and I can even find Halo MCC on vortex.

As far as I can tell, Halo MCC is not supported by Vortex. I cannot find an entry for the game in the Vortex extensions tab nor here: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/categories/4/?BH=3. Hosting Halo MCC mods on the website Nexus Mods is one thing; supporting the game and its mods on the mod manager Vortex is another thing. Vortex does not automatically support every one of the hundreds of games hosted on Nexus Mods. A game extension has to be written before a game is supported by Vortex.

• 4 months later...

At the risk of sidetracking this thread (and I apologize if that's annoying), I am trying to get Conan Exiles running through Vortex. As best I can tell Conan is supported by Nexus, as I have downloaded a number of mods from the page, but both Quick and Full scans have failed to detect it. It's installed in my Steam directory with all the other Nexus-modded games I run (7 Days to Die, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Subnautica) which it DID find as intended. Even specifically listing the directory Conan's executables are in as a searchable directory in the scan settings didn't activate it. I went through the "so Vortex can't find your game" info, and wrote out the java files as directed. Quick and Full scans still don't see it.

On the main Nexus page, the information at the top reads "We support the following 995 moddable games." I'm assuming this is to distinguish between games they support, and games they simply host mods for (as pointed out above). Is there a difference in listings that distinguish between the two types of games? If I find a game in the listings, is there an indicator somewhere to tell between "Vortex supported" and not?

At the risk of sidetracking this thread (and I apologize if that's annoying), I am trying to get Conan Exiles running through Vortex. As best I can tell Conan is supported by Nexus, as I have downloaded a number of mods from the page, but both Quick and Full scans have failed to detect it. It's installed in my Steam directory with all the other Nexus-modded games I run (7 Days to Die, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Subnautica) which it DID find as intended. Even specifically listing the directory Conan's executables are in as a searchable directory in the scan settings didn't activate it. I went through the "so Vortex can't find your game" info, and wrote out the java files as directed. Quick and Full scans still don't see it.

On the main Nexus page, the information at the top reads "We support the following 995 moddable games." I'm assuming this is to distinguish between games they support, and games they simply host mods for (as pointed out above). Is there a difference in listings that distinguish between the two types of games? If I find a game in the listings, is there an indicator somewhere to tell between "Vortex supported" and not?

"Conan Exiles" is not supported by the mod manager Vortex, although it is hosted (i.e., supported) by the website Nexus Mods, For a game to be supported by Vortex, a game extension has to be created. To check for Vortex supported games, click "Games" on the Vortex dashboard. Also, check for user added extensions here: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/categories/4/?BH=2. If you find an extension for the game you want, then download it, go to the Vortex extensions page, drop the extension into the "Drop Files(s)" box, and install it. In the case of "Conan Exiles," I could find no such extension.

Edited by AugustaCalidia