2B LooksMenu Preset mod

crazguykwan

I am completely new at using nexus mods. So I tried using Vortex Mod Manager to download the components to 2B LooksMenu Preset 2.0 - Standalone. Some things got added to the game (such as Looks Menu Customization Compendium, HiPoly, LooksMenu), but other very important things did not. Such as the 2B preset. I know this because when I looked at the mods in settings ingame, it told me what I had. Plus I could not find the preset anywhere in the game.

My question is, how do I get it to work?

Heyas Craz, welcome to the site :wink:

Ok, so with this preset, what you've got is something, that requires something, that needs something else.

First, if you don't already have it installed, go and get f4se. http://f4se.silverlock.org/ it's a program that handles scripts that the game by itself cannot. You also have to make sure that the version of f4se that you download and install matches up to your game version number, or it won't work.

if you need an older version of f4se, you can find it here- http://f4se.silverlock.org/archive/

After installing f4se, right click on it's exe file, and choose properties. Then compatibility. Once that box is open, put a check next to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR then Apply/Ok.

This is important. Windows won't let this program run correctly, unless you do that.

Now, you need to go into your load order, and make sure that Looksmenu is set as enabled.

Now start the game through f4se, and it will start up looksmenu for your game. From here on out, if you want to use looksmenu or any other mods that require f4se, you'll need to start the game by using it instead of the steam or game launcher.

once in game, Looksmenu witll automatically start itself up in the character creator, or surgery chair. You should have a new option in the far left, that says Presets. That is where the new character should be located, if Vortex installed it correctly. (Vortex has been having a few issues since the last update last month).

Now, looking at the list of files that was in that mod, I do notice that it has .tri files in it. If you are not using a custom body (CBBE, WonderBody, JaneBod, etc) that file doesn't work. And unless you want the exact figure shape that the preset has, you won't need it to.

If you're still having problems, you may have to download the mod manually, extract the contents of the archive file with peazip, winzip, 7zip, whatever you use for .zip files and manually install them into your Fallout4/Data folder. Be careful of the file structures tho, they have to go into the right folders in your Data folder.

Hope this helps! :smile:

-Storm

Edited by StormWolf01