Framerate suddenly drops to 1-3 fps on high end PCH

Patafoin

You sir, are a God-send.

I have spent literal DAYS trying to figure out WTF was causing such issues.

" smp reset " did the trick for me, too!

My thoughts exactly. Can't thank you enough.

PS> there's another trick that I might have not mentioned which can save you tie time with BODY SMP instability

If you are running with either CBBE-3BBB or BHUNP, they come with an MCM and in the MCM is a hotkey setting for switching between CBPC and SMP modes. Set the hotkey.

When your body goes wonky. click the hotkey twice. (Once to switch to CBPC mode and once to switch back to SMP mode). Voila! body instability is reset, just as well as using the console command but without the fuss. And it takes all of one second to do (it does not reset items like wigs though)

You sir, are a God-send.

I have spent literal DAYS trying to figure out WTF was causing such issues.

" smp reset " did the trick for me, too!

My thoughts exactly. Can't thank you enough.

PS> there's another trick that I might have not mentioned which can save you tie time with BODY SMP instability

If you are running with either CBBE-3BBB or BHUNP, they come with an MCM and in the MCM is a hotkey setting for switching between CBPC and SMP modes. Set the hotkey.

When your body goes wonky. click the hotkey twice. (Once to switch to CBPC mode and once to switch back to SMP mode). Voila! body instability is reset, just as well as using the console command but without the fuss. And it takes all of one second to do (it does not reset items like wigs though)

Great suggestion and such a simple solution, yet, I never would have guessed about it. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

How can I upload a list of my mods ?

It's been recommended to include the list as text between tags <spoiler> </spoiler>. But it does not work as I can see... Ah! Not < >, but [ ].

long list...

long list...

long list...

I have 419 mods and tried 420, but 420 wouldn't go, so I took off one mod and it runs fine. I also have to run a lag fix and stutter mods to keep it in great shape. Also I run LOOT, Bethini and SSEdit, and adjust my desktop games by running and re-setting my games.

• 5 months later...

Thank you, Patafoin, for finding this solution:

TL; DR: It's HDT-SMP. Solution: type console command " smp reset " every time the problem occurs.

A year later and still relevant. Been fighting this FPS thing for the last five days. Happy to reinstall the mods I've been wrongly blaming for this nonsense.