Is the current "Soul Trap" archetype still broken?

JustChill

Just wondering about that.

It works like that:

You trap a soul into an empty soul gem. You drop the now filled soul gem from your inventory.

When you pick it up again, it will be empty again. The trapped soul is lost. oO

I am wondering if that is fixed now.

But... Effect Archetypes are hard-coded aren't they? :(

I currently only have Enderal installed, which uses a different method to trap souls.

So I am unable to test that out.

Does anyone have the time and check out, if that issue is still present?

Kindest regards,

Just Chill

No need to test. The issue is still present. It was never fixed by the time Bethesda stopped doing updates to the original release of Skyrim.

There are several mods that "fix" it to one degree or another. The following linked mod which corrects the problem via script includes links to other mods which also "fix" the problem. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5312

Effect Archetypes are probably hard coded. But they run in addition to anything on an attached papyrus script. This means that you can utilize a papyrus script to do additional stuff along with the selected effect archetype.

Hey, thanks for the response.

I just recorded it myself on the Skyrim SE. I've only the Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch running, where it is told on UESP Wiki that it fixes the issue, while it doesn't. XD

Guess that either counts for the classic Skyrim version as of your response.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfkMGnjknk

Yet it surely fixes the issue that the Black Star doesn't hold any creature souls anymore.

But thanks for linking to the mods, I guess they work in a similar manner as the one Enderal uses. Adding filled soul gems and remove the empty ones, as that appears to be a neat workaround to avoid that issue. :)