help me find the perfect player home please

BurpYoshi

Hey, I'm looking for a player home mod, but I can't seem to find one that meets what I want.

Criteria:

- Medium sized: Not tiny like breezehome, but not a f***ing huge castle like some of the other mods. I want to invite around 20-30 followers to live in the house (my home is your home mod) so needs to be big enough to

have them without having to push through a crowd. Preferrably one large room, the size of dragonsreach main hall would probably do. If it has to have multiple rooms then big doorways to avoid NPC blockage is also

preferrable.

- Crafting stations: (Need): Enchanter, Alchemy station, (Prefer): Forge, Grindstone, Workbench, (Wouldn't mind): Furnace, anything else really

- A chest (obviously), wouldn't mind a couple of other containers to organise too.

- Able to fast travel to (preferrably out of as well)

- Not have any of those slave/torture rooms (trust me, so many player home mods have this)

- Don't mind about sexual stuff (as long as it's not the slave/torture stuff mentioned before) but don't prefer it either way, doesn't matter.

- A nice view would be nice, I prefer non-snowy areas, the rift is nice, especially the hot-springs areas.

- Any NPCs that come with it are fine, I can just remove them if I don't like them, but no NPCs is good too.

- Prefer homes without hundreds of cluttered decoration items (but will settle for something like this if it meets other criteria)

The most important thing is ease of use. Functionality > Aesthetics. As long as it doesn't look like... you know, complete s***. I still would like a nice looking home, as long as it doesn't affect the functionality.

If you know of any please share, they don't have to meet all of the criteria, top 4 are most important.

tl:dr ideally a big enough single room that can hold like 20-30 npcs with crafting stuff and a chest, that doesn't look terrible

Appreciate any help I can get!

underground bathouse is the only one large enough (that I know about) to house that many followers (or close to that many anyway). It's not a single room. In fact, it's a small palace, albeit a compact palace. No kids allowed.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27361

Warning: at least on SE (which is what I play) this mod is quirky. Great for housing followers but I wouldn't use any of its containers for storage, as they're prone to auto-purging items. (and the exterior is useless unless you force followers to use them by dragging them out there.

----

For a smaller experience, I recommend checking out Peregrine Highwatch HFX. up to six kids, and six or seven followers (I suppose it's possible you could have more if you assigned staggered guard duty)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89367

It also has some serious depth and includes several really cool features, including shared storage from multiple locations, five floors (including the cave, which is not the dwemer ruin), a full compliment of normal crafting stations, a small flat roof, a "secret garden" in the Japanese style, plenty of growing plots, a dwemer ruin of its own, and it's located only a stone's throw from Whiterun, just across the river on the road leading to Riverwood.

PS> cost listed in the mod description is far higher than what I paid for it in SE (not sure about LE, but console can always gift you the cost). My cost was $20K, less than that little bitty home in Solitude...

And... FWIW, there's no reason one can't have multiple player homes, where the "over flow" followers are assigned elsewhere than your primary residence... I have mine divvyed up between three homes, and I don't have anywhere near as many active followers as you do.

For instance...suppose you got both the underground bathouse and peregrine. You could then use underground bathhouse for the bulk of your follower list, and keep your favorite followers at peregrine. They're located only a stone's throw away from each other.

underground bathouse is the only one large enough (that I know about) to house that many followers (or close to that many anyway). It's not a single room. In fact, it's a small palace, albeit a compact palace. No kids allowed.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27361

Warning: at least on SE (which is what I play) this mod is quirky. Great for housing followers but I wouldn't use any of its containers for storage, as they're prone to purging items.

For a smaller experience, I recommend checking out Peregrine Highwatch HFX. up to six kids, and six or seven followers

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89367

that is, there's no reason one can't have multiple player homes, where the "over flow" followers are assigned elsewhere than your primary residence... I have mine divvyed up between three homes, and I don't have anywhere near as many active followers as you do.

Hmm, first one is kinda large, but I really like the aesthetic. Maybe I'll try it and use the CK to close off some of the areas or something.

Second one isn't really what I'm looking for, too many small compact rooms and entrance looks like it takes a while to go to and from, not to mention lots of clutter inside. Not very functional or supportive of multiple NPCS. Looks nice though, perfect for someone who's not me.

Thanks for the suggestions though, gonna try the first one.

Just remember, items stored in underground bathhouse's displays, on its mannequins, and in storage containers may disappear during periodic refreshes... Read the posts section for the mod before installing if that has any import to you. I haven't in a while but that was the big complaint "back when" (6 months ago)

Granted, it *is a far better "harem" location (than peregrine), and it's not quite as dry as the Bathing Beauties or Beefcake Luxury Suite (which is one I'd all but forgotten about, although in retrospect, that one *might suit you even better than the Underground Bathhouse)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427

Just remember, items stored in underground bathhouse's displays, on its mannequins, and in storage containers may disappear during periodic refreshes... Read the posts section for the mod before installing if that has any import to you. I haven't in a while but that was the big complaint "back when" (6 months ago)

Granted, it *is a far better "harem" location (than peregrine), and it's not quite as dry as the Bathing Beauties or Beefcake Luxury Suite (which is one I'd all but forgotten about, although in retrospect, that one *might suit you even better than the Underground Bathhouse)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427

I used to use the bathing beauties one, but I think I prefer the underground one; It looks way nicer and I love the collection room. I went into the CK and changed the encounter zone to NoResetZone so that should stop the display items from resetting... right? Hopefully...

Got the perfect home for you ... and it only took 2 years to build. :tongue:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/95981/

This actually looks really cool, has a lot of small chokepoints, multiple NPCs will probably start blocking doorways and make it a nightmare to navigate.

Gonna use the underground bathhouse, thanks for the suggestions guys!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/101624?tab=files

im still reading ur topic from u and others that have also replied like me, ill go back once sent but sounds like the one i made in whiterun could help till u find the right one, i made teleport spells to instantly take u to all 5 main homes and the new one i made. it also has a front shop with vendor to use and new Armor is inside the home quarters free in a few of the chests. no harm in giving it a try it could help with the teleport spells alone for the travel. my shop home aint too cluttered and has the professions in basement and i made it to be a bit bigger than breeze home and not so much stuff in the way of running around :smile: theres also no dungeon as wanted lol just ur basic home with nice wood flooring :tongue:

Edited by cheekydevil81