How does removing weapon templates via a plugin could make the game not to start?

Hi Morpheuss. Ok this really isn't my area of expertise, so I'm kinda guessing here. Sorry about that.

But when you removed the templates, did you also remove the level listing entries that use those templates?

Did you also check any mods you're using that may also use those templates? Both for their weapons and their level lists?

And also when you made your modification, did you create the new file as an override or as a new item? This would need to be done as an override.

Also check your master's requirements. Crashing at boot can be a result of a missing master file.

I hope that this might be some help.

Good luck.

-Storm

Thans for replying.

I'm not new to this, always overriding. I guess there are reference to them in leveled lists with a keyword ("if_tmp_..."), that will be the good answer, I hope.

By the way, yesterday night it was working fine, it broke today.

EDIT: No, keeping all those keywords doesn't solved the problem.

It doesn't make sense. Now I deleted the problematic entry from my plugin (It started without it...), then the game closes. I removed the whole Weapon section: the game still closes. Now it doesn't contain anything that overrides something. It has no effect on the game at all.

I don't understand how it gets worse and worse.

FO4Edit doesn't find errors.

EDIT 2: Now the game won't start with or without the plugin file.

I didn't modified anything else than my plugin.

It should be some kind of bad joke.

EDIT 3: It seems the problem has been solved by restarting the PC. The game starts now.

Edited by morpheuss99

Late to the party and I saw it's starting again but something to look at / worth mentioning is the "Addon Index" number.

Standard Templates are always "-1" with Legendary Templates sequencing numerically from "1"
CTD's often occur when editing the Legendary Templates incorrectly in Xedit, if you remove "some" of them leaving either incorrect or incomplete numbering you'll see CTD's..