Vision Of The Future - "Just sit still" crash

CrashMasterJMM

"mechanist lair overhaul" was it for me to, read greenbolt here and did the same, did not touch the UFO4Patch, reinstall "mechanist lair overhaul" after the part of quest, checked the lair and no problems stuff i built still there and the two robots i had. and yes it was beneficial your post kept this to a few minutes for me thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I suffer with the same crash, going to disable the unofficial patch and see wat happens.....

edit.....well, it is indeed the unofficial patch causing the crash.

After i disabled the patch Glem can finish his story and the quest finishes.

Unfortunate, after reenableing the patch it causes another script error which makes it impossible to continue.

Its due the deluca girl from vault 81. :sad:

Edited by ArieBloom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tested both solutions presented in this thread. EITHER deactivating the UP OR the mechanist's lair overvhaul fixed that ctd for me. I do mean that disabling either one on it's own fixes the CTD, even if the other remains active.

So I assume it's a conflict of some sort, that's probably not any author's fault per se. Its pretty weird though, cant say off hand why this ctd would only occur if either of these things are on in a Vault 88 quest.

Edited by Valamyr

• 4 months later...

Confirmed that disabling Mechanist's Lair Overhaul (MLO) mod eliminated the "Just sit still" CTD bug. I did not touch the UFO4Patch. I only disabled the MLO mod's ESP file in Vortex but did not uninstall it. I have yet to re-enable MLO and probably won't in the future.

This is my second play-through of the game but this is the first time I ran into this particular bug. However on the first play-through I did encounter a persistent CTD upon entering Vault 88 which seemed to be caused by the Scrap Everything (SE) mod. So far, I have not encountered that bug, even though I have SE enabled. But then I am not as far into the Vault 88 quests so I suppose that bug may still exist as Vault 88 is a huge map. I have opened all the surrounding tunnels and areas of this map in this play-through.

Edited by codermotor

• 4 months later...

I had the same bug, in the same part. I don't have lair overhaul mechanist installed, so I disabled UFO4P and managed to complete the quest. Hope it doesn't generate serious bugs later

I had the same bug, in the same part. I don't have lair overhaul mechanist installed, so I disabled UFO4P and managed to complete the quest. Hope it doesn't generate serious bugs later