Need an idea of where to start fixing my CTDs.

Auhra

Hmmm, I used mods that I was familiar with and liked, so I guess that could be an issue. I didn't keep track of when Skyrim was updated and which mods were updated when. I guess I could swap out the ones I like for more up to date ones.

As for Immersive Citizens, it is where LOOT placed it. I don't know enougfh about such things, so I didn't move it. As for patches, they are included in Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium, same for ELFX stuff. With patches and additions up to Oct 2019 and the main Mod not being updated since 2018 I thought the Mod Author didn't see any issues or changes needed to be done, so that was fine.

Hi Auhra, concerning your replies about the bashed patch read over these replies from people following The Method and the responses highlighted from the creator of xEdit.......

Thanks. I am not sure which way to go. One big Llist would become redundant with the removal of a mod. However I would prefer not to have 20 LList patches. So I am thinking Bashed might suit me best. I usually spend about 30 minutes tweaking it though.

bash and smash are going to make an unholy mess

Suppose there is a vanilla list that contains 3x a standard item, and one special one. Now you have 5 mods that all add another special one. Suddenly you go from 3/4th standard and 1/4th special to 1/3rd standard and 2/3rd special if you just bash it. And that's one of the more harmless issues

No worries. Makes sense. I was a little scared about when I get to the end and have the WACCF and Summermyst patches which are huge!

WACCF is the nuclear holocaust for any load order

"True weapons" means that the moment you add WACCF, you'll have to review and adjust any weapon leveled list added or overridden by any loaded module. Even the ones that don't conflict. As well as potentially adjust statistics for any added or overridden weapon record.

The fundamental and central core of The Method is to patch ALL conflicts before creating mod groups to hide all remaining FALSE conflicts before installing the next mod

the moment you ignore any conflicts, whatever you are doing, it's not The Method.

thing is that using a general bashed patch is fundamentally incompatible with the philosophy behind The Method

Because it then mixes up what you have already fixed. So the end result of the bashed patch is a distorted view of the build you created

yes

also, if you followed the method correctly and never left unfixed conflicts behind, there is no reason why a bashed patch would be needed. and if a bashed patch is needed, it means you didn't follow The Method correctly.

The short of it is that there is no better approach than following The Method, using xedit, to get as close to a fully functioning LO as possible. If you Method your way through your LO at the end there is no need for mashed or bashed patches. The only time I hear mention of methoders using a bashed patched is only for the Tweaks it offers and that is only if they did not write the info into the .ini settings themselves. That is the only time and only setting they leave active in a bashed patch as following The Method fixes everything else correctly :smile:. Happy modding!

Edited by Indiao21