Need an idea of where to start fixing my CTDs.

Auhra

I started playing SE again with mods after a long break.

Clean, fresh start, had to reinstall and download everything anew.

I have been having a few issues with CTDs that I honestly don't know how to fix, so some help with where to start would be great.

There are two types of CTDs I have encountered:

The first type happens when I was fighting the first dragon in the Dragon Rising quest line. There I crashed whenever it breathed fire directly on me or used a large fire AoE that knocked me down.

The second type happens whenever I:

Fast travel. (Quite regular)

Leave instances. (Less common but occurs.)

Wait or sleep and it's about to end. (I don't know if how long I do so, changes things, but longer ones are more likely to crash from experience.)

Am moving around in the world. (Differs. Some areas crash regularly, some don't. Happens more often in snowy areas. I can occasionally no clip around the area that crashes by going high in the air.)

This kind rarely happens if ever when I am in a dungeon/cave. I remember being in some Dwemer ruins for well over an hour without any issues at all.

I attached a notepad I made to keep track of my crashes. For one session before stopping.

What I have done:

I use MO2

Cleaned all Masters with AutoClean except

The Dawnguard files which I did manually as well.

Did everything LOOT recommended.

Did what mods recommended for conflicts.

There are 2 deleted Navmeshes for Breezehome but they don't cause a problem afaik.

Converted all F43 files to F44.

Load Order, FNIS, System Specs:

The problems occurred with and without a bashed patch.

I honestly just wanna know where to start in xEdit or if I even need to use xEdit to fix my issues. If you need anything else, I will give whatever you need.

Hello Auhra, are you using the same mods from your previous play? If so how long did you play it and with what kind of issues? How long have you been playing the new play through? How long do you play before issues occur? I just wanted to remove some basic possibilities first.

No. Everything has been newly downloaded and installed.

The play through has been around a few hour. I would guess around 3-5 hours give or take 2.

I can play for around half an hour to an hour before crashing if I am in the overworld and more if I am in a dungeon/house.

A new occurrence is the game CTDing when I try to enter Arkngthamz. The loading screen has no info just my level before crashing.

I will make a new character and run there and see if it still crashes.

Edited by Auhra

Did you look at the provided info? I show my system specs there. Also, yes I do.

Yes, but I have a lot going on to keep just your post info constantly in mind. Well that rules out those possibilities in troubleshooting. With all that removed I'd suggest you start the steps of Conflict Resolution using the Quick Check for Conflicts xedit offers using "The Method" outlined in the xEdit Tome.

Below are two links to people's topics I am working with like you. They both ended up needing CR done so lots of info through out and links related that will help.

Make sure to read post #17 on this one I just replied on

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8462133-a-request-for-help-im-out-of-ideas-to-fix-my-ctds/

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8470818-need-help-fast-please/

Trust the Tome guide and it is easier to do like I mentioned in one of the above links to begin an existing LO. Happy modding :)

• 2 weeks later...

After disabling my Bashed Patch I was able to enter the dungeon. However I needed the Bashed patch to enter Kilkreath Temple.
I honestly don't know why I sometimes need the patch and why I sometimes don't. I will be messing around with xEdit but any tips would be great.

There's a lot of very old stuff in that list. Some of it has been ported from Oldrim but not maintained. Even Elianora's Breezehome had mesh issues when I tried it again, and I like her work.

Why is Immersive Citizens so far down and without patches? I used the TNF houses a lot in LE years ago, but I don't any more. Also I'm wary of mods like ELFX that need so many patches. How do you keep track of them?